Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I damaged my radiator due to screwing the screws too deep and now I am in need of a new one. I have a $120 budget and would like to know whats some good choices out there and what brand I should get.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Then I'll just suggest the XSPC RX360 since it seems to be a favorite on here. Make sure you can fit it in your case or able to support it externally as it is rather large.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This seems to be a great review site who have good comparisons between currently available radiators. As mentioned, the XSPC RX360 is a great all-around radiator, for low, medium, or high speed fans.

I just got a HW Labs GTX Xtreme 360 but haven't set it up yet, and I'm concerned about the speed of fans that I will have to keep on it to keep it cool, but hopefully it won't be a problem for me, but we'll see. The RX360 won't have that problem it seems.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.GumbyM.D.
View Post

This seems to be a great review site who have good comparisons between currently available radiators. As mentioned, the XSPC RX360 is a great all-around radiator, for low, medium, or high speed fans.

I just got a HW Labs GTX Xtreme 360 but haven't set it up yet, and I'm concerned about the speed of fans that I will have to keep on it to keep it cool, but hopefully it won't be a problem for me, but we'll see. The RX360 won't have that problem it seems.

I ordered a gtx360 and gtx240 for my setup.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott
View Post

Then I'll just suggest the XSPC RX360 since it seems to be a favorite on here. Make sure you can fit it in your case or able to support it externally as it is rather large.

X's 2! I have this and love it! It is pretty big but I noticed you have the 800D as well. It will fit with no problem.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatal
View Post

Well I had this radiator before:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thtahipera15.html

If I fit that rad I guess I could fit the xspc? Still need to see what's the best choice under $100.

Yeah I have the same case as you and fit my xspc rx360 on the top of the case.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatal
View Post

I friend recommended me to get this one:
http://www.svc.com/rad-3330.html

Is there any better rads than this one but under $100?

The HW labs radiators are great, however one point of regret I have in getting one is that you will need to run fans at high speed (even high CFM/high pressure fans) because of how dense the radiator's fins are. That being said, the amount of heat it'll dissipate is higher than other radiators of the same size, however with these really dense radiators (>10-15 FPI) will require lots of fan work.

I see their marketing materials on their website suggest that it performs on par with the Xtreme series even at lower fan speeds, so maybe they found a way for that to work, which would negate my previous comment, however I just don't have enough experience to say for sure. My impression was that the more FPI on any radiator, the more fans you need to keep temperatures under control, however it will hold it's control for much longer than lower FPI radiators (i.e. you can add more parts under the same radiator and it will still be able to keep them cool).

Either of those two radiators later in the thread will be better at low fan speed (in theory) because of their lower FPI, but it depends on whether you plan to eventually cool more than CPU and 1 GPU. If you're planning on having a big loop in the future the HW-Labs gives you more future possibility (probably 120% performance over the others at high fan speeds). It's all about what you want to accomplish with your loop.

BTW low fan speed is about <800 RPM, high fan speed is >1200-1400 I believe, so that should put into perspective what fans you'd need for each type of radiator. If you're planning on static 1600 RPM fans anyway, than there's no reason to not go with the higher FPI fans.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timechange01
View Post

Ive had good experience with Thermochill so my recommendation is Thermochill PA series!

Well I need a radiator for three fans that are 120mm but there PA series is for 140mm and I had a TA120 thermochill before so its like a downgrade if I get the same brand. That's why I was thinking to make a budget off $100 and get something else besides thermochill.

·
Registered
714 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.