Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer has seemingly died of late for no good reason. Windows occasionally becomes responsive, it takes ages to load and my web connection drops out a lot. I can only put this down to spyware.

I already use Comodo firewall, Avast AV and Spybot S&D, however they don't pick anything up bar a few rogue cookies.

Can someone suggest me a good program to use, I don't really want to reinstall.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Malwarebytes, Ad-aware, SuperAntiSpyware is what I use plus AVG and SpyBot.

·
Premium Member
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i tried numerous things and they didn't pick anything up. I just formatted anyway.

I have a feeling the problem may have been a Windows networking alternative installed as part of iTunes called "Bonjour". iTunes really seemed to mess things up.

Rep+ anyway

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I went through the same thing. I had to complete reformat my whole computer because my Anti software couldn't open at all.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
Well, i tried numerous things and they didn't pick anything up. I just formatted anyway.

I have a feeling the problem may have been a Windows networking alternative installed as part of iTunes called "Bonjour". iTunes really seemed to mess things up.

Rep+ anyway

Bonjour I believe allows you to connect to other iTunes libraries on your network.

~B~

·
Registered
408 Posts
Download Hijackthis its the first utility to employ when you notice a big time knock-off in performance.

Post results at the websites mentioned with the program, or maybe here and someone can help. I imagine you have too many non-essential services and programmes running at start up.

That Itunes helper (Bonjour) is non-essential, I disabled it with mine. Annoying junk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.