Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if you guys knew of any kits that are decently small that i could put in an aspire qpack. I might be lugging it around to friends house's every now and then so i dont know if that makes a difference.

It needs to be decent too, my opteron can push [email protected] vcore which is fine, but if i want 3ghz i need around 1.6 which is a little hot. Id also like the option of cooling my north bridge and my vga. But just the processor would be fine for now.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The best way to go about this would be to get everything you need in pieces, rather than as part of a kit. You'll have complete control over what you're getting and you wouldn't have to pay for things you don't need.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Give us the dimentions of the insides and let's see what we can do for you.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timsvpr

well the biggest things are going to be the radiator and the reservoir. The pump you can hide mostly anywhere.

Something like a MCP-350 could be hidden, but a Hydor, MCP-655, or an Ehiem would be harder. Why do you want to watercool a miniATX anyways?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to wc my mini so i can have something portable but that OC's pretty nicely. Right now my case with everything in it weight like 40lbs at the least and i lug it to my buddies house to record music/lan. If i can micro everything that would be awesome, carrying 20lbs would feel much better.

I want to try water to get the most out of my new opty and mobo.

I saw a Qpack in person at Frys, they are ugly imo. So i've decided against them. But i am going to get a micro mid tower, they are pretty small. Here is one im looking at, though if i go water i wont want side ports.

I want a setup thats portable, meaning everything has to be mounted tied etc. Not easily moved. Any help would be appreciated. A micro monster wc'd setup would be bad ass...but thats just me.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Are you afraid to hack and slash the case? It looks like you could fit some decent stuff in that thing if you have no problem with modding it. I'll do an edit or another post in a bit after I have looked through some stuff. Do you have a spending limit on the system?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got any links?

Im not to handy with a dremle, but its only like a 50$ case . Spending limit is anthing reasonable...

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
HERE is the link to the kit CrimsonMango was talking about. It is a nice kit. I personally would want a bigger rad. Here's what I would get:

Pump: Swiftech MCP-350 and I would flow mod it

CPU: Swiftech Apogee

Tubing: Master Kleer 7/16"ID 5/8"OD

Rad: I would get a Thermochill PA 120.1

I would do a T line with a Danger Den Fillport

so yeah...that's my setup for it.

• Rep+
Reactions: what?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i was thinkin more about a BIX I, or BIP I for the rad in the kit - maybe just the swiftech kit that has the 120.1 rad already with it

but yeah, thats the kit in general that i was talking about

it shouldn't be too hard to mod a micro case for a 120mm rad - swiftech radbox might come in handy if you find that it needs to be mounted externally

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonMango

i was thinkin more about a BIX I, or BIP I for the rad in the kit - maybe just the swiftech kit that has the 120.1 rad already with it

but yeah, thats the kit in general that i was talking about

it shouldn't be too hard to mod a micro case for a 120mm rad - swiftech radbox might come in handy if you find that it needs to be mounted externally

The front intake on that case has a spot for a 120mm fan. I'm sure it could fit there with a little effort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts