Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i have been out of the loop with PC build for such a long time, since my first build with first gen i7 to be exact. I need your help and advice on a computer I will use for monitoring my farm with survillance system along with crucial internal data with ROTEM(its a management system for the farm). I need it to be as efficient as possible because it will run 24/7 all year long. My budget is up to 700$. It will just be a monitoring station with light web browsing, nothing beyond that. Thanks for your help in advance.

· Registered
963 Posts
I'd get a good 400-500W PSU (EVGA 430 comes to mind), basically any Intel series 200 chipset motherboard (B250, H270, Z270), a cheap Kaby Lake Pentium, 2x8GB DDR4 memory. Throw in a cheaper SSD and you have a very inexpensive but capable system using the latest, most power efficient components. You could spend $300 for all of those parts, plus a decent case and be set for under $400.

· Enter Plasma
1,718 Posts
Efficiency = undervolting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.