Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my current Acer 23" died today due to me accidently slipping and falling fist first into it 6 times :) so now i need a new monitor. Id prefer a 1080p due me using a gt760 and my budget is about $300. Mainly an fps gamer. BF4, csgo, cod, dayz, chivalry so maybe something with a 1 or 2ms gtg?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Given your budget, 1080p and 1/2ms gtg. Would you be interested in the ASUS VG248QE?

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros View Post

Given your budget, 1080p and 1/2ms gtg. Would you be interested in the ASUS VG248QE?
As a guy with a 120hz monitor, i don't recommend having one unless you got money to dump into expensive GPU setups. Some of the newer games require alot of GPU power to push past 60 fps and that won't change anytime soon. Better to get a nice IPS panel instead imo.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i dont think i will be able to pull off 120 frames in most games so is it worth it to spend the extra cash on it?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've seen the Asus drop down to like 249 sometimes. But I would look at it as a future-proof upgrade if you're going to stick with 1080p for a while longer unless you go 1440p. Monitors tend to outlast GPUs in my experience unless the human element is involved such as me not mounting it right and having it call face first into my mouse thus cracking the screen. You'll most likely upgrade your graphics card within the next couple years to keep up with all the new games coming out so you would be ready by then.

The only shooter games that I do play would be Red Orchestra and for the first 6 months of me playing it on the Asus monitor I didn't know I was limited to 60 frames until I uncaapped it in the config file. Yet moving objects were still clear as day compared to my overclocked 1440p @120hz. While yes it is a TN panel it never mattered to me when I played FPS games as long as I can see them and not as some blurry object running across my screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts