Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Layer 8 issue
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. My chipset fan has been acting up over the past few weeks, and now its starting to sound like a rocket. Temps have been rising, and the fan randomly dies sometimes. So i have came to the conclusion that i need to get a new chipset cooler(what a conclusion that was.) I need one that is quiet yet sufficient, and will fit under my video card. I've been looking around, but i dont know what a good one would be, because i have never dealt with this problem.

Suggestions Please!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts

·
Layer 8 issue
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really think im gonna get that vantec. But, about the zalman cooler... one of the reviews said "i had to basically take apart the whole computer to install this"... would you have to do this with the vantec? Its a fight between zalman and vantec right now haha.

EDIT: will that zalman even fit under my video card? There is only half an inch of clearance.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Doesn't DFI have a parts department for which an item like this would be covered? You should be able to replace the fan itself and leave the heatsink portion intack so the switch should be easy. Going to an alternative chipset cooler may void your warranty too, you never know with the CYA policy of companies.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mycomputersucks

You can try a Vantec Iceburg. Looks like it would fit under your card on that board.

That is what I have on my DFI at the moment with some AS5. Idles at 33*C and loads at 48*C max.

• Rep+
Reactions: .XiLe.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts