Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically through process of elimination i believe my Mobo is sick\\dying. I need a replacement and i haven't kept up with the times, so i'm coming back to my OCN brothers for help

AMD 6000+ BE
4 gigs of DDR2 1066 memmory (2x2)
HD 4870 1g vid card.

That's what it needs to work with, and as much forward compatbility as possible would be nice... I'm not looking for the greatest board ever with all the bells and whistles, just something solid that will preform well, and hopefully not too much $.

·
Stock *ahem*
6,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Hmm yeah agreed ^^ If you have no plans for AM3 upgrade, I couldnt agree more with the previous posts suggestion. Great job.

A athlon 6000+ should still do fine. He doesnt need to get the 250, however I would also suggest it if he has a few extra bucks to spend. If not, the 6000+ is still a worthy chip

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, but the 6000+ with my 4870 is still pulling ~100 fps in COD4 and i expect it to fair nearly as well in any upcoming titles i'll grab, so i don't see a point in updating just yet. I was suprised at how cheap the new dual cores are though.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
100 fps in COD4 doesnt mean much btw. I can run that game on an old p4 computer with decent framerates. If you want to know how well your cpu truly scales, download the clearsky benchmark.

It will drop your 6000+ to its knees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts