Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I plan on upgrading my Acer XF270HU, so I can use it as my second screen.

Looking for something that's 27-inch, with great colors (preferably IPS), 144hz to 240hz, and G-Sync compatible. Would be nice to have a monitor that's packed with some great features overall. Budget is not an issue.

Thanks gang.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,729 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
41,049 Posts
If you are not in a hurry the LG 27GP850 is out in few weeks

If you need something right now there is the older LG 27GL850 and the slightly newer 27GN800 and 27GN850

·
Senior OCN Member
41,049 Posts
The Samsung G7 uses a VA panel and Foclock prefers a monitor with an IPS panel so the G7 is really not the best option around
VA panels have the slowest response times by far with even the fastest panels being pretty slow compared to IPS panels

240 hz on a VA panel is more of a on paper number because when the response time is so slow its actually closer to 160-180 hz on an IPS panel when it comes to pixels per second
The new Asus PG279QM is a far better monitor than the Samsung G7 if Asus can get around to release it

• Rep+
Reactions: Foclock

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any of the 42 million different assorted monitors with the LG Nano IPS panel.

difference is going to come down to the stand/OSD/overdrive settings.

probably the 27GL850-B or 27GL83A-B if you don't care about the USB hub/extra inputs.
Thanks, I'll check these out Pook. Helped me out last time! :p

The Samsung G7 uses a VA panel and Foclock prefers a monitor with an IPS panel so the G7 is really not the best option around
VA panels have the slowest response times by far with even the fastest panels being pretty slow compared to IPS panels

240 hz on a VA panel is more of a on paper number because when the response time is so slow its actually closer to 160-180 hz on an IPS panel when it comes to pixels per second
The new Asus PG279QM is a far better monitor than the Samsung G7 if Asus can get around to release it
I'll check out the video you posted. It seems like I can purchase it now! How is the warranty? I've heard mixed things about LG.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,049 Posts
Thanks, I'll check these out Pook. Helped me out last time! :p

I'll check out the video you posted. It seems like I can purchase it now! How is the warranty? I've heard mixed things about LG.
I have an LG 27GL850 and i have never had a problem with it nor have i heard anyone else have problems with theirs
As for the Asus PG279QM that one is out in the first or second week of july if you rather wait for that one but it is going to be more expensive than the LG 27GP850

• Rep+
Reactions: Foclock

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an LG 27GL850 and i have never had a problem with it nor have i heard anyone else have problems with theirs
As for the Asus PG279QM that one is out in the first or second week of july if you rather wait for that one but it is going to be more expensive than the LG 27GP850
I see. 600 is probably the most I would like to pay. Thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye out on the Asus PG279QM though. Will come up with a decision tonight!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Any thoughts on the M27Q by Gigabyte? https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Monitor-Display-Response-FreeSync/dp/B08JWCHR5N

I'm guessing maybe there's more quality control issues with these? Seems like ghosting and color shifting is more present.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,049 Posts
Any thoughts on the M27Q by Gigabyte? https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Monitor-Display-Response-FreeSync/dp/B08JWCHR5N

I'm guessing maybe there's more quality control issues with these? Seems like ghosting and color shifting is more present.
Gigabyte RMA is one of the worst if not THE single worst on the market so unless you want to deal with that i would not touch Gigabyte with a 10 foot barge pole

I have never dealt with LG and their RMA but its impossible for them to be worse

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gigabyte RMA is one of the worst if not THE single worst on the market so unless you want to deal with that i would not touch Gigabyte with a 10 foot barge pole

I have never dealt with LG and their RMA but its impossible for them to be worse
I can attest to that haha. Although it's been a while since I used their support, it was definitely lacking back then.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,049 Posts
Just as a note the Asus PG279QM will probably cost somewhere around $800-900 and you said you would like to keep it under $600
In that case i would not wait around for the Asus PG279QM and i would just buy the LG 27GP850 if its available and under $600

·
Registered
93 Posts
Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ (170hz) or XG27AQM (240hz). I have the predecessor to these, XG279Q which is a 170hz monitor and its fantastic for my intensive FPS gaming sessions. The colours are amazing and I've never experienced and lag or stuttering. The ROG line are quite premium and these monitors come factory calibrated with a certificate inside the box.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I bought a Crossover perfect pixel Direct from Korea 11 years ago. 2560 x 1440 resolution. It is old and it does 60hz and 75 hz. It still works and so far no dead pixels.
EtradeKorea still sells them on eBay. Direct shipment from Korea.

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
213 Posts
I just bought a second hand x34p ... I know you don't want a large ultrawide ... but man I so angry at myself that I didnt buy one of these years ago .. its gorgeous its fast it has a gsync module it has ips colours i cant see any ghosting or haloing and the extra screen is just godlike ... its my work computer and i can do quotes with 2 windows side by side and invoices and stuff ... and in games its so nice to see the full view of everything ... and even in strategy games to be able to see a massive amounts of the map is just awesome ... I'm absolutely in love with this monitor !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts