You canadians and americans not getting on with the same price system

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox

Chozart is the PSU master here...

Err... not really

And boredom has good arguments. However, it's a little bit of comparing apples with oranges given the price difference between the GameXStream and the 750W Silverstone.

To Boredom, here on the forum, user experience is very important. I run my rig of an FSP Epsilon 700W (which, as yuo know, is identical to the GameXStream), and I have had not a single problem. As you see, my rig is quite demanding, and the FSP handles it with easy and the rails are rock solid at where they need to be (12.1V)

Yes, there are better PSUs now, for more money, and the Silverstone you mentioned, as well as the PC Power & Cooling 610W are two of them. However,. they are both relatively new on the market, and thus have not made their way into the list of recommended PSUs (ok, the PC P&C has...)

Niko: what do you mean? I linked him to a canadian website in my previous post.

·
Super Noob
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well Thanks for the input but through NICX RMA proces i get instore credit (which sucks i no) I would like to buy that silverstone PSU but i cant. And Bordem I did take you seriously it is just that in all of my life i have never seen or herd of a ZIPPY psu not to mention every se any1 use 1 that is why I didnt really take it seriously. And since i cant get that Silverstone would that OCZ Modstream 520W be my next best buy becuase i have read many reviews on them and they were all above 8.5-9.9 out of 10 on the rateing. Thanks all for input

Delphi

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Zippy is best known for their server PSUs, and also make good enthusiast PSUs. However, their products are a bit hard to find, and that's why you won't find many members here using it.

They are good, solid PSUs though and the 500W version is worth a look at least.
Here are the specs: http://www.zippyusa.com/P_product_de...code=HP2-6500P

The 520W ModStream is modular, but has a relatively low current on the 12V rails (28A total max load v. 32A for the Zippy). Thus, it leaves not too much headroom. Specs: http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...m_power_supply

Oh...another Silverstone, which gets my final recommendation:
Silverstone Element ST50EF-PLUS 500W
Specs here: http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-50ef-Plus.htm

·
Super Noob
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Not to contradict it or anything but wheres the on / off switch on it........ Oh btw thanks for informing em why i have never seen anyone with that psu

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The comparisons doesn't have to be between the gameXstream and the silverstone I posted, depending on how much load is put on the +3.3v and the +5v rails, a 520w Corsair would be a better buy than the 600w gameXstream or the 620w Corsair over the 700w gameXstream... if only I had the technical know-how of jonnyguru =(

Don't get the modstream, I personally hate mine, it may be quiet but the rails aren't exactly stable and the cables are hard to work with, that and there is only 312w outputted on the 12v rail.

·
Super Noob
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredom
The comparisons doesn't have to be between the gameXstream and the silverstone I posted, depending on how much load is put on the +3.3v and the +5v rails, a 520w Corsair would be a better buy than the 600w gameXstream or the 620w Corsair over the 700w gameXstream... if only I had the technical know-how of jonnyguru =(

Don't get the modstream, I personally hate mine, it may be quiet but the rails aren't exactly stable and the cables are hard to work with, that and there is only 312w outputted on the 12v rail.
How low does your 12V rail get on that thing i would like to no along with the 3.3v and the 5v please

Ohh didnt see chozarts post LOL ill take the silverstone over the modstream!!!!!! but if it undervolts so bad that i cant stay stable in windows ill hunt u down chozart....... jk ill just RMA it..... i hate psu's ATM

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
You remember that G80 pictures thread? The guy who was test running the card was using a Zippy 600W. I think that they're more of an asian brand that hasn't made it over here yet.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaKing
You remember that G80 pictures thread? The guy who was test running the card was using a Zippy 600W. I think that they're more of an asian brand that hasn't made it over here yet.
Zippy is from Taiwan, if any of you have read the writing on their boxes you would think they used babelfish to translate, it's quite terrible

There was also a guy over at xtremesystems who ran the x1950xt in crossfire on a 500w zippy

The rails use to be rock stable but I've noticed that they have dropped down into 11.8 area over the last few weeks, both the 5.5 and 3.3 have also dropped slightly. I can't wait to get rid of it

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
That is a tough decision, the silverstone is based on Enhanced units which I've been told are amazing and it has the 80+ efficiency but the Zippy has better volatage regulation and slightly better reliability but they both offer about 430w on the 12v rail. I say go with whichever is cheaper :/

Took me forever to find the complete specs on the zippy

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Zippy has a HQ here in Canada where he could RMA it in case it fails, although I have never read of a zippy failing

I guess it boils down to whatever brand you prefer...

·
Super Noob
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well ill take the silverstone becuase a friend of mine at school had to RMA one of there psu's and he recived the setup modle from his and also he got some merchantdice from them too. Thanks agian everyone

41 - 58 of 58 Posts