Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guys has an asrock p45x3 deluxe with raid support i have the raid drivers and i wnat to install it on his win7 x64 setup,however i do not have a floppy what should i do?,after the installation what will happen how can i adjusts the raid type?Oh Also his HDD's are not the same model but he told me thatthe manufactuer is the same

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
Can't understand exactly what you are asking, but if you are loading Win7 on an array from scratch, you don't need drivers or a floppy - Win7 installation has required drivers.

Once the system is online and running, install the Intel Matrix Storage software, direct from Intel's site.

As to using different drives, it will work, but is not optimal.
..a

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good that's what i needed to know,also one disk has files with different partions and the othe one is completely new unformated will the data from the 1st disk get erased?

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
Yes. RAID will require you to "reinitialize" the drives as array members, effectively re-partitioning them as empty. You need somewhere to store your data while you build the array.

There is an exception. Intel RAID allows you to take a drive that was installed in RAID mode but alone (not part of an array) and add drives without starting from scratch. Highly unlikely you installed the first drive that way, however.
..a

1 - 6 of 6 Posts