Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a way to do item reviews that are both user and admin created reviews. User uploads own pictures or use stock/linked pictures, add a review/description of the item, etc. Just something pretty basic that I can use as a "jump point" for this site. I have looked quite a bit, but I am unsure of which route to take. Seems wordpress is the way to go but I wanted a more on point specialized script if I can get it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would use wordpress, it used to be considered a blog script, but it has become so powerfull that it can be used for virtually anything. The other thing with wordpress that since it has such a strong community that updates are always out, and highly secure, and protected against vulns, and sql injections more so than a review script. There probably a ton of plugins out from what your looking for as well.

Great example is, not really a review site, but similar to the whole upload/description/review idea.

http://net.tutsplus.com/

Is based off wordpress

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any suggestions on mods for Wordpress or Drupal to achieve what I want?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Way too many to list, each one has its perks, you'll have to mess around with until you find it one you like.

Login WP-Admin panel>Plugin>Add New

Search for "Review", the great thing about wordpress is you can auto-install/uninstall plugins directly from the panel, don't really have to go to 3rd party sites.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I generally knew this, but I thank you for the effort. I was really looking for some specific suggestions. I am not really new to wordpress, I was just trying to see if I had other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts