Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get a Asus Xonar Essence XTS, but it doesnt have analog outs to go to my z-5500s. This is what I am looking for, but I dont think it exists lol

1. Dedicated Headphone amp
2. 5.1 Analog Outs for my Z-5500s
3. PCI-E 1x
4. Dolby Headphone

I want to get rid of my PCI X-Fi Fatality to free up my second PCI-E slot for xfire/SLI while also picking up a headphone amp on the card.

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Xonar DX + Dedicated headphone amp.

But I want it all in one card.

Well, why do you need a headphone amp first of all. What headphones are you going to be using it with anyway? Secondly, why spend 200 dollars for a sound card when you're using Z5500s? I'm sorry to anger you with the realization that your speakers are not that good and would not make use of the sound card. Would it make use of a Xonar DX? Yes, it would. It would even be a step up from your X-Fi Fatal1ty.

The headphone amp you buy that is dedicated (for whatever reason you think you need it) would actually be better than the amp on the STX. The amp on the STX is bad. In fact, I don't think there's a headphone amp on any sound card that is good. It doesn't have the power or the space to be really good. You'd be getting better performance from an external AMP than one on the card.

You also don't need a headphone amp for speakers (in case that wasn't obvious).

If you ABSOLUTELY I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY SIMCA, need a sound card with 5.1 and a headphone amp, the sound card you're looking for is:

HT Omega Claro Halo XT with expansion to 5.1

And with the expansion I don't think you'd have room for all your SLI/Crossfire goodness.

Also, you could have bought a Xonar Essence ST+Expansion to 5.1 for that price too.

It's been a long time, but I think the HT Omega Claro Halo Plus+ might have had an amp on it too, and it doesn't need an expansion. But can't say for sure.

I think you could also do a Auzentech Home Theater HD with optical to the Z5500 and I believe it has a headphone amp.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats an option, I have Sennheiser HD 598s, which I have read do benefit from an amp. The xonar DX with amp would be an option, I was just trying to keep it as uncomplicated as possibly. Wasnt aware the amp sucks so bad on the xonar stx lol. You might want to calm down you sound like a blood vessel is about to pop lol

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post

Yeah thats an option, I have Sennheiser HD 598s, which I have read do benefit from an amp. The xonar DX with amp would be an option, I was just trying to keep it as uncomplicated as possibly. Wasnt aware the amp sucks so bad on the xonar stx lol. You might want to calm down you sound like a blood vessel is about to pop lol
Yeah, I get told that a lot. In actuality, I'm a very happy person.
smile.gif

See my smiley face? That means I'm smiling.
smile.gif

Although, my family would disagree with the text above.

Except about the smiley face.
smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts