Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a cheap case for a temp. solution. I have way to much dust without a case and it's starting to get bothersome to have to clean it out way more than I used to have to with a case.

Anyone know a decent case that's not that expensive from Newegg or something? Preferrably one with enough room for a new heatsink and my gtx260.

Max price of ~80 as I'm buying a heatsink as well. The cheaper the better though.

What about a HAF 912 refurbished? http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_37_19&products_id=691

Also, is this a fairly decent heatsink? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181012

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,887 Posts
For your CPU Cooler go with the Hyper 212+. Its about $10 less expensive and cools the same as your choice.

For Cases The HAF 912 is a good case with great airflow. Also the Cooler Master Storm Scout. or even a Rosewill Armor. I am somewhat partial to the HAF 912 as I have one of its big brothers the 922. You won't be disappointed. The 912 can be had for about $59.99 on Newegg brand new addd in the $29.99 for the CPU cooler and thats about $90 before shipping for both items combined.

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
2,664 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm just going to go with the newegg HAF912 as I love the HAF series. I'll upgrade to the 932 when I build my real computer though. Just don't have a ton of money right now.

And my GTX260 should fit in the haf 912 no problem shouldn't it? I'm going to need all the hard drive bays kept in because I've got 4 hard drives and 1 ssd to install in the case.

I didn't see that heatsink, thanks for pointing me to it. It doesn't look like it comes with brackets for a second fan or does it and I just didn't see it listed.

EDIT: Those seem to be the best for what I can afford so I think I'm going to get those. Going to wait a few though to see if anyone else responds with something else and about the GTX question.

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post

Thanks, I'm just going to go with the newegg HAF912 as I love the HAF series. I'll upgrade to the 932 when I build my real computer though. Just don't have a ton of money right now.

And my GTX260 should fit in the haf 912 no problem shouldn't it? I'm going to need all the hard drive bays kept in because I've got 4 hard drives and 1 ssd to install in the case.

I didn't see that heatsink, thanks for pointing me to it. It doesn't look like it comes with brackets for a second fan or does it and I just didn't see it listed.
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/haf912/home.php?page=specs

specs2.jpg

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,887 Posts
The 212+ does come with the brackets for a 2nd fan for a Push/Pull configuration as standard.
Quote:
EXPANDABLE FOR A SECOND FAN
Add a 2nd cooling fan (optional) to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus to achieve the best possible cooling performance!

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,887 Posts
Did it not come with a standard Backplate in the box?

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post

Ok, thanks. Should keep the dust amount way lower than just having it sitting in the open
tongue.gif

Oh, one more question. My sound card is a low profile back plate on it. What should I do about that in an actual case? It wasn't an issue since I didn't have a case.
Here's my Hyper 212 + with both fans in my 690 II Advanced:

0127aabb_cda584e0_d9cc03298b5f1aed33060c550fad5e10.jpeg

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Silver View Post

Did it not come with a standard Backplate in the box?
Nope. Now that I think about it, I probably got it open boxed or something because it was like $20 or something cheap. Can I just buy a back plate separate and install it or no?

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,887 Posts
You would have to make sure that ti was made for your model off card as not all GPUs are set up the same on the backplate. You may be able to get one from the Card Maker.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You mean make sure its the right model for my sound card no? I dont have a 560TI card, just a 260 graphics card but I'm talking about the sound card low profile plate.

But I get what you're saying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts