Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been amassing money for awhile for a new PC build, but since the Nehalem is seeming a bit underwhelming, and my system runs just peachy, I decided to put ~400-500 in a watercooling setup and put the rest of the money into a vacation (don't tell my wife...it's a suprise)

I haven't done any watercooling in awhile. My last setup that had it was an AMD x2 4400+ that I built in 2005. At that time, I used ALL Dangerden parts, a Black Ice III Radiator. I haven't seen anything new from DangerDen since then (I had a silver TDX block) and I'm worried that they may have stagnented in innovation. I loved their stuff, and they were very very good to me (had some issues I needed to rectify with them) but I want to go to performance even though I have a strong brand loyalty to them.

I've heard great things about Dtek Fuzion and the new apogee GTZ, but what do you guys think? I'm planning on getting a Liang DDC-3.6 pump with a custom top block (I always use T-lines), and a BIX III.

Furthermore, can you get 1/2" ID barbs and tubing for everything? I remember that when I built my last setup, all the barbs were 1/2" OD and 3/8 ID so I always used 3/8" tubing, boiled the ends, and forced the ends over the barbs and let it shrink down onto it.

Anyway, any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
CPU Water Block: D-Tek Fuzion V2
GPU Water Block: Swiftech MCW-60-R2
Pump: Swiftech MCP-655 w/ Detroit Thermos Top
Radiator: HWLabs Black Ice GTX 480
Reservoir: EK Reservoir 250
Fans: Scythe S-Flex F
Tubing: 20ft Masterkleeer 7/16" tubing
Barbs: Bitspower Fatboy

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
hi! you are right. the d-tek fuzion v2 and gtz are very good blocks now. danger dens block isn't very good anymore and i would consider one of the two above. for a radiator, you may want to get a thermochill pa120.3 rad. For fans, you can get some panaflows or yates and tubing SHOULD be 1/2 ID and use 7/16 tubing on the barbs for a "snug" fit. I hope this helps and reply if you need anything else!

I didn't say it well for parts. Here is a parts list:

CPU Water Block: D-Tek Fuzion V2
GPU Water Block: D-Tek Fuzion GFX V2 w/Uni sinc for G92 8000
Pump: Swiftech MCP355 w/Petra's Top
Radiator: Thermochill PA120.3
Reservoir: T-Line (as you said)
Fans: High Speed Panaflows or Yates
Tubing: 20ft Masterkleeer/Swiftech 7/16" tubing
Barbs: D-Tek High Flows (1/2") EDIT: And the the Thermochill (1/2") barbs for the rad.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by procpuarie
View Post

hi! you are right. the d-tek fuzion v2 and gtz are very good blocks now. danger dens block isn't very good anymore and i would consider one of the two above. for a radiator, you may want to get a thermochill pa120.3 rad. For fans, you can get some panaflows or yates and tubing SHOULD be 1/2 ID and use 7/16 tubing on the barbs for a "snug" fit. I hope this helps and reply if you need anything else!

DD blocks are still good. MC-TDX has amazing flow rates and only trails the Fuzion V2 by a couple of C's. Thermochill is not good if he's mounting in the case as they use custom spacing.

·
Banned
849 Posts
fusion v2 ftw!!

i suggest using bigger tubes with plastic clamps 1/2-3/4s

yeah the ddc 355s with an xspc reservoir top is top notch

scyth kaze fans are great for any rad...3000s for that extra airflow..and 2000s for that in the middle noise/airflow balance

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
DD blocks are still good. MC-TDX has amazing flow rates and only trails the Fuzion V2 by a couple of C's. Thermochill is not good if he's mounting in the case as they use custom spacing.
yes but still would get the new block that was designed for new blocks and with the powerful pumps we have now, why wouldn't you get one of them?

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
I'd be tempted to just use the silver TDX..
...The V2 Fuzion would probably be my choice for general use..D-tek Fuzion V2

The MC TDX is a good block, its with-in a mount of all the top blocks..CPU blocks are really getting topped out, there about as good as they are going to get using the current designs.

So if you really like DD gear I'd grab a MC TDX and not worry about it..Danger Den ..I've always liked DD to...

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by procpuarie
View Post

yes but still would get the new block that was designed for new blocks and with the powerful pumps we have now, why wouldn't you get one of them?

The MC-TDX is a new block designed for the new pumps. It has the same pin array as the Fuzion.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
The MC-TDX is a new block designed for the new pumps. It has the same pin array as the Fuzion.
with much less restriction you may add

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
I'd be tempted to just use the silver TDX.
That's what I had on my 4400+ loved it.

I already have my pump. I got a DDC pump with a custom top for about $30 from a friend, and the barbs are 1/2" ID I believe, the only problem is that I'm not sure i can replace these barbs with fat boys (I love DD fatboys). I love the TDX (I think it's the best looking block on the market), but I want the best performance, and if i need to get that ass-ugly Dtek to get those performances, then so be it. I'm going to eventually get a block for my GPU, but it runs relatively cool as it is, so i'm not going to worry about that on the first run.

Once again, i appreciate the input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts