Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-PREDATOR View Post

id look at a sandisk extreme, crucial mx200+ 500....samsung evo, intel, adata...corsair...
thanks for your advice

somehow, crucial mx200 and smasung evo will be my choise.

And the question still remain, which is best, 4x256, or 2x512 raid 0 ssd that will give much higher in term of read?

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagitarius2k View Post

This is for my VMware Lab, gaming, OS, not for DATA.

So, which one is good enough for highest IOPS, read?

SSD that i will buy = http://www.galax.net/GLOBAL/ssdseries.html

And for my raid controller = marvell

i use ASUS Z9Pe D8WS

Thanks
if you are wanting real high IOPS I would look at the intel ssds!!

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
I terms of read speed, I think it's no use using more than two SSDs since you'll be SATA 3 bottlenecked. That doesn't mean it won't be an advantage, the drives will always split the workload in four, not in two.
and 850 evo, despite 5 yr warranty and good opinios, is still TLC nand. I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

if you are wanting real high IOPS I would look at the intel ssds!!
and the higest price of all
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

I terms of read speed, I think it's no use using more than two SSDs since you'll be SATA 3 bottlenecked. That doesn't mean it won't be an advantage, the drives will always split the workload in four, not in two.
and 850 evo, despite 5 yr warranty and good opinios, is still TLC nand. I don't recommend it.
after do some reach, M2 ssd likely are faster performance, but because i using older board, i will using pcie m2 card extension.

maybe will pick samsung 850, or 950? @ 256 or 512 GB

-edit-

here it is pcie card m2 = http://www.addonics.com/products/ad2m2s-px4.php

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after some googling, i decide not ot goes to nvme 950 samsung. Its still expensive for 512 GB, and with addon card, can it use for raid or not.

So, the question still remain, if using 4x256, will i get 4 times speed rather than 2x512?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Quote:

ypu won't get 4x reading speed, like I said before the SATA 3 port is the limitation here.
what TLC NAND means? and also, for suggestion, what SSD will you advice for me?

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
TLC is a type of memory. MLC is considered better than TLC.
I personally use 850 Pro for its 10 year warranty, but that's an OS drive. If I wanted a game dedicated drive I'd sacrifice that for more space and choose a better GB/$ SSD, prefreably something from Crucial, they're cheap and MLC based.
I don't use RAID0 or any sort of dual component solution (like SLI) in my rig for that matter, I keep it simple and less troublesome.
If I wanted more than a standard SSD speed I'd get the 950 Pro, and preferably a mobo that supports it natively instead of a card, but that's just me and how I approach my rig. I basically do everything to avoid things that could give me a headache with troubleshooting at some point (so no RAID0, no SLI, no AiO or custom loops for this guy. Just a fast OS SSD, a single, powerful, air-cooled GPU and a big ass dual tower CPU heatsink).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts