Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this is a three year old thread, so not sure if anyone would see it so I've just made a new thread.
tongue.gif

I have three HDDs two of which are "Caution" on CrystalDiskInfo (shown in the pictures below) just wondering if its worth trying to fix or should I just replace the HDDs?

I have been having BSOD for the past few weeks and suffered simlar issues with my HDDs a year ago but managed to make them behave until now. I use my G: drive to record 1080p game footage to for my YouTube. I'm normally running the game I'm recording off the G: drive also. But sometimes my H: drive.

I've tried switching up which HDD I record to/ record a game from and still get a BSOD normally when I hit "Record" on my recording program (Action Mirillis) or once I've been recording for an hour or so then hit "End recording". Then I get a BSOD a second or two after. So I imagine its when the file is being finished up and wrote to my HDD?

When playing games on my C: G: or H: drive I sometimes hear a beep then my PC freezes for a little bit before returning to normal. The System Event logs is telling me its a DCOM error.

I've ran Norton Disk Doctor scans on all three drives as well as a /f CHKDSK on my C drive last night and when I came back it was at the desktop so I imagine everything went okay?

Not sure what to do, can someone take a look at these pictures and give me your opinion.

Thanks guys! thumb.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi @Zeraschan!

Generally speaking the Current Pending Sectors are active visible bad sectors that cannot be read but are still visible to the operating system. These are dangerous and cause a lot of problems, which is why I would suggest to change the drives.

If the HDDs are still under warranty you can contact the support and see if an RMA could be arranged. For the WD drive you can contact us here:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=vN0hE1

Hope this helps and best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts