Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a friend who is looking at changing from an old iPhone to a note 4 or a windows phone. He uses the phone for business and needs one that functions well for tha . He doesn't play games he does texting and email a lot. And needs to keep his contacts and calendar at easy access. I use the note 4 and thought it would be good for him but he is interested in being able to use windows based applications. Any advice on a good windows phone would be awesome. Or should he just get the note 4

·
Registered
891 Posts
I've been using a Lumia 920 phone for a little over a year now and I've really enjoyed it. Windows 8.1 is quite nice. I couldn't see using an Andriod phone in a business environment, the one I had was really glitchy and annoying. In my experience Windows and iOs are far more stable than Android and that's what you'd want for a work phone. The calendar in Windows Phone is really nice, as well as having Cortana for voice commands. Office works well and it's nice to view and edit powerpoints, word docs, and excel spreadsheets.

I think their newest flagship phone is the Lumia 930, I know there are some larger ones like the 1020, 1320 and 1520 that came out before and have similar specs.

As for my next new phone it's either going to be a Windows or an Apple phone, probably within a year from now. I've just been unimpressed with Android devices for the most part. Right now the only Android I have is the Nvidia Shield portable, I really like it, but its definitely not a traditional phone experience.

I don't use my phone for games. I want it to reliably make calls, send emails, send text's, set alarms, set calendar dates and from what I've seen iOs and Windows 8 both do those better than android. Not really a fanboy or anything, if I was getting an entertainment table I'd get an iPad or an Android powered device (I got the Shield).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBoy View Post

I've been using a Lumia 920 phone for a little over a year now and I've really enjoyed it. Windows 8.1 is quite nice. I couldn't see using an Andriod phone in a business environment, the one I had was really glitchy and annoying. In my experience Windows and iOs are far more stable than Android and that's what you'd want for a work phone. The calendar in Windows Phone is really nice, as well as having Cortana for voice commands. Office works well and it's nice to view and edit powerpoints, word docs, and excel spreadsheets.

I think their newest flagship phone is the Lumia 930, I know there are some larger ones like the 1020, 1320 and 1520 that came out before and have similar specs.

As for my next new phone it's either going to be a Windows or an Apple phone, probably within a year from now. I've just been unimpressed with Android devices for the most part. Right now the only Android I have is the Nvidia Shield portable, I really like it, but its definitely not a traditional phone experience.

I don't use my phone for games. I want it to reliably make calls, send emails, send text's, set alarms, set calendar dates and from what I've seen iOs and Windows 8 both do those better than android. Not really a fanboy or anything, if I was getting an entertainment table I'd get an iPad or an Android powered device (I got the Shield).
thanks for the advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts