Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of parts to build a new PC for my son. I have everything I need due to upgrades I've done on my PC. The only thing left is cheap memory, RMAing an Epox 939 board and getting a CPU. I trying to do the build cheaply as possible. So any ideas on an Mobo if the company won't RMA, CPU to fit, and RAM? Something that OCs would be nice but not that important. BTW, If I have to get an new board, AGP a must.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
if its a real budget PC, i hear the celeron D's are good oc'ers and their CHEAP

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
With the current prices on the 3700+ and the OCability of them I'd go with that.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by supratt93

tell us your price range

I guess it all rest on if Epox will RMA the board. With that said, I was hoping to spend 300 at the most. Keep in mind that this is for a ten year old boy, so speed isn't as important. The mobo I need to RMA is 939. If epox won't RMA( I wouldn't see why not, the board is only two months old) , Then I'll have to get a board that is AGP. So in that case I'd need an inexpensive mobo, CPU and ram.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Okay for your socket939 CPU go the ATHLON 64 3000+ Venice core..here..for USD$155.00

and for the RAM try out some G.SKILL 2x512Mb 2-3-3-6 modules..here..for USD$94.00

That should give you a decent setup to work with and provide a couple of years service.

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts