Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm in need of some stuff, a CPU cooler for my Core2 Duo E4300 and 2 case fans. I don't know exactly which fans I need, but most likely a 80 mm and a 2 smaller ones. I live in Belgium, so stuff has to come from this site: http://www.alternate.be. I don't care much about LED's and stuff, so you can go freely on that. Not too loud would be nice, but I do need decent air flow. Not too expensive would be nice as well. You can find the options here:

CPU Coolers: Original page in Dutch - Translated with Google

Case Fans 1: Original page in Dutch - Translated with Google

Case Fans 2: Original page in Dutch - Translated with Google

Thanks in advance guys =). +REP for everyone who makes some good suggestions.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Are you going to be overclocking?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
There are some good CPU coolers on that list. If I were you, I would invest in the Thermalright Ultra 120 or the Noctua NH-U 12p

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufle
View Post

Zalman 9700 *cough* cant praise it enough, but they also just came out with a new one with better yields.

Sounds good, what would be the new one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

Are you going to be overclocking?

Nope, this board has no overclocking options whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sav5716
View Post

There are some good CPU coolers on that list. If I were you, I would invest in the Thermalright Ultra 120 or the Noctua NH-U 12p

Those are a bit expensive, and they look huge as well, don't know if they'd fit in my case to be honest :s.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: ps-gunkie

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright guys, seeing some good suggestions already. There's 2 new limitations I thought off next to the size. It can't be too heavy because I'm using a flimsy aluminum case (the best crappy case $20 can get you on eBay
). Also, I don't know how big retention brackets are, but I only have +/- 1/4 of an inch between the motherboard and the plate it's mounted on, don't know if I can use those then.

Any suggestions for case fans?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ps-gunkie View Post
Those are a bit expensive, and they look huge as well, don't know if they'd fit in my case to be honest :s.
I have a tower case, that's 8" thick, and the Noctua is but a 1/4" from the window (and the 80mm side fan is propping it up).

So anyone looking to use that HSF please get a wider case than 8", and/or 8" thick without a side fan near the videocard. This is especially true with some cases with motherboard trays.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarryNite View Post
I have a tower case, that's 8" thick, and the Noctua is but a 1/4" from the window (and the 80mm side fan is propping it up).

So anyone looking to use that HSF please get a wider case than 8", and/or 8" thick without a side fan near the videocard. This is especially true with some cases with motherboard trays.
See that's a problem, the entire case measured from the outside is only 6.89 inches wide =/.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
  • Rep+

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
View Post

If you want some good fans, take a look at these:

http://www.alternate.be/html/product...l?artno=TL9Y03

They are a bit overpriced though. At Salland.eu they are €15.

Didn't know salland.eu existed, thanks. Transport costs are most likely higher there though. Do they have other versions of this fan as well, like 80mm instead of 120mm?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ps-gunkie
View Post

Didn't know salland.eu existed, thanks. Transport costs are most likely higher there though. Do they have other versions of this fan as well, like 80mm instead of 120mm?

There's also this:
http://www.salland.eu/product/46954/...825fdb12l.html

In 1500 or 2500 RPM flavors also.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
I'm a fan of the coolermaster v8.. and for only 10 more than the vendetta II, I'd go with that. It isn't too heavy of a cooler, and with the adjustable fan (that you can even replace if you wanted), it keeps my i7 cool. I'm sure it'd do well with your proc, IF it would fit in the case. It doesn't look like it would, and that being the case, I would look at the Zalman 9700 / Arctic Cooling Freezer series.

As far as fans are concerned, I'd look at the Antec TriCools or Sharkoons. Noctuas are great, but expensive fans.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
View Post

There's also this:
http://www.salland.eu/product/46954/...825fdb12l.html

In 1500 or 2500 RPM flavors also.

Thanks =).

Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious
View Post

I'm a fan of the coolermaster v8.. and for only 10 more than the vendetta II, I'd go with that. It isn't too heavy of a cooler, and with the adjustable fan (that you can even replace if you wanted), it keeps my i7 cool. I'm sure it'd do well with your proc, IF it would fit in the case. It doesn't look like it would, and that being the case, I would look at the Zalman 9700 / Arctic Cooling Freezer series.

As far as fans are concerned, I'd look at the Antec TriCools or Sharkoons. Noctuas are great, but expensive fans.

Thanks. I'll have to do some measuring for the CPU cooler, although it looks to me like the AC Freezer 7 Pro is the best option. It's fairly low-profile, and it doesn't use a retention bracket.

About the case fans, I'll have to do some measuring there as well. One thing about the Noctua fans... who came up with the color scheme? They're hideous o_o. No Noctua's for me.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
They were designed in Austria xD.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ps-gunkie View Post
One thing about the Noctua fans... who came up with the color scheme? They're hideous o_o. No Noctua's for me.
I actually like them, because they are different (anything but more blue LED this and blue LED that).

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarryNite
View Post

I actually like them, because they are different (anything but more blue LED this and blue LED that).

I agree, I DESPISE, blue LED anything! Somethings can look good though I admit, but I prefer different colors over blue
, even noctua colors.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts