Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

so i've moved into my new apartment and being an apartment, the walls are not every thick so when i game up late, i dont wanna disturb anyone.

so i really want the best sound experience, i am very picky with my sound.

i've narrowed my search down to a couple of headsets.

the thing is, i game online on my PC mostly, PS3 im gonna start more when Black Ops comes out and i also play a lot of Xbox, just not generally online as much. but i plan on changing that and gaming online with consoles more.

ive narrowed the search down to the Turtle Beach PX21s, the X41s or the Astro A40 system with the mixamp.

The PX21s and A40s are wired, which wasnt very appealing to me, however the wireless X41s only fully work with Xbox, if i wanna use them for chat on PS3/PC, i need a wire adaptor, eliminating the whole wireless thing anyway. plus paired with the adaptor, they are nearly more expensive than the Astro A40 with mixamp.

the PX21s are cheaper, stereo sound but work with all 3 platforms. as i said i am very picky with sound, can any other audio fiends confirm a big difference between stereo sound and the digital surround offered by the other headsets?

the X41s are 7.1 digital surround, which i love the idea of, wireless, but only fully compatible on their own the Xbox. i need a wired adaptor system to have them fully work on PS3 and PC. the wire is 4.7m so not an issue, just means any PC/PS3 gaming eliminates wireless sound.

the A40s seem to be what a lot of people recommend. 5.1 digital surround with the Mixamp, compatible with all 3 platforms, but they arnt wireless. and they are the most expensive, value for money is a big thing for me but you do get what you pay for.

so after telling you what you probably already knew about the products, it comes down to, have any of you had experience with either headset and/or are in a similar situation i am and can shed some light?

im starting to lean towards the A40 system, if i have to end up with a wire somewhere anyway, may as well get the best wired experience right?

but is there any other alternatives? money is not necessarily the issue, although i do have a very firm concept of value for money, bang for buck and i tend to favour that aspect most.

i just really want the best gaming experience and if i have to pay for it, fine. but i dont wanna be paying hundreds and hundres for a name over actual performance.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Astro Mixamp + any good audiophile can. My roomate steals my RX700 and uses it on his mix amp instead of his A40.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
or get the Victor SU-DH1 (i.e. Japanese version of JVC).

Then buy a toslink to mini toslink and an universal AC adapter (both cheap locally from local hardware store).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts