Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legacy Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a set of headphones that will provide a quality soundstage as well as deep bass. I currently have the jvc-rx900s and the ath ad700s. Honestly I prefer the ad700s as I consider them to be the superior headphone, but what I am really looking for is a set that combines the qualities of both.

Price is negotiable (preferably 200-300usd). I have currently been looking at the dt770s (250 ohms) but havent had a chance to demo them; Im also not a big fan of Shures given I find their sound to be a bit bland. Closed or open does not concern me, but comfort is an issue.

Uses are about 90% gaming and 10% music. Music preferences are:
Opera
Classical
Classic Rock
Blues/Jazz

Thx.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
90% gaming right? Well you could spend $50 more and get the QPAD|QH-1339

http://eseamarket.com/index.php?s=pr...product&id=195

It's a rebranded DT 770 with an awesome mic attached to it (it's a studio quality condensor afair). And yes, DT 770s are awesome for gaming. If you don't need the mic you can go with the normal branded one but if you get the 250 Ohm model make sure you have a good amp to drive it.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
why, when they can get a DT880 + a lapel mic of course and it'll be cheaper and better for their music taste.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
For the money the RX-900's are awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post
For the money the RX-900's are awesome.
They can afford better

·
Legacy Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the rx-900s and the ath ad700s. I currently own a desktop mic that does a wonderful job as well.

Realistically Im looking for a high end headphone. I want crisp highs and deep bass with a wide soundstage. I suppose I may be asking too much for a budget of 200-300usd.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woundingchaney View Post
I have the rx-900s and the ath ad700s. I currently own a desktop mic that does a wonderful job as well.

Realistically Im looking for a high end headphone. I want crisp highs and deep bass with a wide soundstage. I suppose I may be asking too much for a budget of 200-300usd.
nono, for your needs, the DT880 suits it perfectly.

·
Legacy Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
nono, for your needs, the DT880 suits it perfectly.
Yeah I was looking at the dt880.

Right now it is between the dt880 and the ahd2000s.

Decisions decisions decisions.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
why, when they can get a DT880 + a lapel mic of course and it'll be cheaper and better for their music taste.
Yeah if you get a mic that can attach to the headphone wire like the Zalman one. Else it's not really good for any real gaming.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
If you enjoy the AD700s, but you like the richer bass of the JVCs, then you might just want to step up to the ATH-A900s. I personally like the AD700 for its lightness and comfort. I slightly modded mine (removed the foam ring and closed them) to get a little more low end. You also might want to look for a retailer in your area that has some cans to try out.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woundingchaney View Post
Yeah I was looking at the dt880.

Right now it is between the dt880 and the ahd2000s.

Decisions decisions decisions.
I wouldn't get the d2000's. The DT880 is much better tbh.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashau View Post
Yeah if you get a mic that can attach to the headphone wire like the Zalman one. Else it's not really good for any real gaming.
What are you on about?
The DT880's are fantastic for gaming as well as music.
That and lapel mics clip onto your shirt.

@eric: He can afford much better.

·
Legacy Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok going with the 880 600ohm. Currently using an HA04 headphone amp and splitter. Most likely going to upgrade this item in the future.

Thx for the help guys.

LOL - Im not interested in a lapel mic. Thanks for the advice however.

rx900s and ad700s currently for sale in the for sale section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.