Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to over clock sig rig, I am getting a Scythe Mugen 2 to help with colling, then I going to remove the old heatsink and thermal junk with rubing alcohol and a napkin sound right? Should I remove the cpu from the MoBo for cleaning? Then install the Mugen 2, if anyone has instructions that would be great, using artic ceramica (I know I can't spell) spreading it with a packing peanut. To overclock: set Vcore 1.25 System Memory Multiplier to 2 = 1:1 increase FSB by 10Mhz each time running prime or occt for some amount of time? Until I reach 3.16Ghzish then long stress test and reclock the ram closer to 1066
Would love advice or corrections for any step in this thanks

·
Overclocker
867 Posts
leave the cpu in the mobo to clean it there is less chance of static killing it while holding it in your hands while rubbing it. Its pretty straightforward you will proberly have to take the board out of the case to put the backplate on unless the case has a hole where it goes then follow the instructions that come with the cooler and tighten the 4 screws down evenly. As for the overclock I would just set your ram to 1:1 and take your FSB to 333mhz straight off you should be able to do that easy then I would shoot for higher just stress it with prime95 while watching your temps with real temp. I would say 3.6ghz should be in your reachbut you might need a little more than 1.25v for that

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well leave the CPU in the board. Clean the CPU very well from the old thermal paste. Well for applying the paste follow these steps from this site:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appi..._dual_wcap.pdf

Then install you cooler properly so it is securely on.

Then you can overclock as much has you want!

Enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts