Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a budget of ~£120-ish. Looking for a 750w and it has to be modular.

I'm not biased towards any brand *hint hint I am not a Corsair fanboy*. So recommend me which you think is best bang for buck and if it is slightly over my budget then that is fine.

Oh and I hate loud fans so I would prefer a fairly quiet one.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well, the Antec Truepower New, XFX 750W and the Corsair HX750 are within your budget going by UK prices. The Seasonic X750 is almost I think, just a bit more. The Seasonic would be my preferred choice as it stands today.

·
Code Monkey
1,851 Posts
I'd second the Be Quiet!, they appear to make good PSUs. I like the one in my sigrig.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Not sure if this is the best price for the particular model across the pond, but Novatech has the Antect TruePower New TP-750 for £101.99 (incl vat).

The HX750 is £120 or so and not worth the extra cash over the Antec.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...source=froogle

If you hate loud fans and you're willing to go a little over budget, that's what I'd get. As a result of its astronomically high efficiency (90%+) much less power is wasted as heat, so your fan will probably not even turn on under normal usage, and it's 100% modular. Best overall performing PSU out there except the Corsair AX1200.

If that's too much, get the Antec TruePower New 750W - it's the best deal out there on a ~750W PSU. The Corsair HX750 and SeaSonic S12D/M12D (you're only interested in the M12D though; the S12D has fully hardwired cables) and a bit better, though it's not really worth paying for IMO. The XFX 750W too is great (better than the HX750 and M12D 750W!) though not as good as the X-750.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
some good xfx deals

750watts £112
850 watts £122

antec

750 tpn £100

but as said you cant go wrong with seasonic X series

1 - 9 of 9 Posts