Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm going to buy two Wharfedale Diamond 210 and I need an ampli to power them.
Since here my choice would have been SMSL SA60 (the 50 is quite rare here in my country), but with my actual speakers I hear electric noise so probably I also need a DAC to bypass computer interferences that with better speakers could be even more accentuated, am I right?

So, do you know of an ampli that has also an integrated DAC? I don't want to spend very much, I just want my speakers to not buzz or similar, and of course it must be able to power them since they have 8ohm impedence

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattuz View Post

computer interferences that with better speakers could be even more accentuated, am I right?
Where is the unwanted noise coming from? How are you powering the speakers now?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The noise is coming from the speakers and it varies when I move the mouse or similar, if I put in the power line there is an hell of noise more, but for that I just simply won't use the power line when using speakers and is solved

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattuz View Post

if I put in the power line there is an hell of noise more
Powert line? Power line for what?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing that put internet signal in your house electric circuit in order to use internet even far away from the router.

Anyway, I think I'll go with sa60 and fiio d03k for a total of 100€
The other that I saw were not powerful enough, speakers requires 75W

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two concerns:

1) The SMSL SA60 will put out 55W each channel, the diamond 210 can go up to 75w each, I have a little dolby here that is 75W and i go never higher than 20/25% of the volume, so I think even if the amp will gave less power than the maximum of the Wharfedale I'll never going to use all that power (I'm in a room at 50cm from them)

2) As DAC I just want something that clears out all the possible noises that comes from electricity in the motherboard ecc, so if the Fiio doesn't make the speakers sound worse than without it I'll take it. Or maybe you know soemthing even better for a low budget.

Last thing, what cables do I need for connecting my pc to the DAC and the dac to the AMP and in the end to the speakers? I think a SPDIF cable will work for the pc to dac connection, and then what else?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts