Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never really had a PC worth checking temps until my E6300... but now I just received a D915 for an older rig.

What are the best tools for monitoring temps... Speedfan? Everest?

Right now in Everest I'm getting 21C idle... the case is open and I disabled fan control in BIOS (Fan is going at 2500RPM, noisy as hell, but wanted to make sure the AS5 application was good.

Thanks,

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump with info:

After reseating the heatsink FIVE times, I finally managed to get less scary temps.

Idle (Gigabyte EasyTune and SpeedFan): 33
LOAD (2 instances of Prime 95): 53

I knew these puppies were hot, but damn.

What do you guys run your D 9xx processors at... I don't have a real hardware temp monitor, only Speedfan and Easy tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
With my D945 my idle temps are 32-34, load I'm 50-53 MAX and I've really only seen it that high when running one of the load apps mentioned here (not prime95... another one) for like 10 hours straigh. Note, that's overclocked from 3.4 up to 4.0. Un-O.C.'d I believe I was 30 idle, 45 load.

Just my experience. According to all the whitepapers I've seen from intel, max temp is 60. So, it's probably past that, but I know I don't want to push the envelope.

So, sounds a little high to me if you're un-O.C.'d but I'm not the most experienced here, just letting you know what I've seen.

·
Registered
589 Posts
friend has much much higher temps... AT STOCK he has D925 running at 55 idle 60 load with stock, with a Gigabyte HSF he had 67 idle 72 load.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thranx View Post
With my D945 my idle temps are 32-34, load I'm 50-53 MAX and I've really only seen it that high when running one of the load apps mentioned here (not prime95... another one) for like 10 hours straigh. Note, that's overclocked from 3.4 up to 4.0. Un-O.C.'d I believe I was 30 idle, 45 load.

Just my experience. According to all the whitepapers I've seen from intel, max temp is 60. So, it's probably past that, but I know I don't want to push the envelope.

So, sounds a little high to me if you're un-O.C.'d but I'm not the most experienced here, just letting you know what I've seen.
I'm also on stock cooling too... I plan to leave it that way because my board isn't worth a damn for overclocking (Gigabyte GA-8I945P-G based on 945P chipset). I also haven't let the AS5 settle... running prime for the next couple of hours then I'll shut it off for the night. Do that a couple of times and I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ah yes, I am running a big typhoon, so... slightly more beefy cooling.

Does anyone have a good post or resource on actual operational Pentium D series temps? Like, standard, max stable, and meltdown levels? Would be great to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts