Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about building my first computer. (A family/gamming computer) I don't have any of the componets yet but here is what I am thinking getting. Any feed back would be great!

CASE: any info on that would be great
PROCESSOR: P4 Prescott 3.8Ghz
MOTHERBOARD: Abit A17 Intel chipset 865 Socket 478
RAM: Kingston Dual Channel PC3200 1 gig
VIDEO CARD: AGP 6800 Ultra Over Clocked
POWER SUPPLY: I Know I want a 550 - 600 watt power supply. Who makes a good power supply?
SOUND CARD: Audigy2
I want this to run cool so how many fans should I have? What is a good fan for keeping the processor cool. Any extras you can think of let me know.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
if you want this to be a long term solution you may want to look into lga775 boards... those are the new pentium4 sockets... personally, Id switch to corsair xms over kingston ram as well, some may suggest ocz ram but I really like corsair... Id say at least a 520 watt ocz powerstream power supply, perhaps the 600 watt if you have the reserves... Id get an audigy2 zs at least, if you could, an audigy2 zs platinum, but you may not use the front panel... either way the audigy2 zs improves a bit over the audigy2... xp120 heatsink with a nice 120 mm fan, such as panaflo, would cool the processor quite nicely... Id recommend as many fans as possible especially if youre getting a powerful psu... whereever you have the space, stick a 120 mm, otherwise overload on 80 mms

·
Banned
1,358 Posts
what kind of case are you thinking of, clean look, extreme, we need to know some things about what case you want. and those are some good products your getting and i also would rather get Corsair over Kingston and get either an OCZ 520W or a TT butterfly 480W or pure power.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by comrad
what kind of case are you thinking of, clean look, extreme, we need to know some things about what case you want. and those are some good products your getting and i also would rather get Corsair over Kingston and get either an OCZ 520W or a TT butterfly 480W or pure power.
I guess nothing to extrem maybe a clear side with some lights nothing to crazy.
My wife isn't to crazy about all the UV stuff

·
Banned
1,358 Posts
Well i would suggest getting Thermaltake but alot of people dont like them but they make quiet fans and i think it comes with the fans.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock_19
I talked my wife into light up fans what would be a good case for that and I would like the case to have a fan on the sde blowing in. Who makes some good quiet fans?

Thank You,
since you are lokkin for a cse and psu tigerdirect has a good deal.. the case color is kinda odd, but its got a nice psu in it.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...241&CatId=1516

1 - 9 of 9 Posts