Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I`m looking for some advice from anyone who`s into their sound systems as much as their pcs
smile.gif

Ive recently bought a Yamaha RXV671 along with some QAccousitc 2020i speakers asnd must say I am loving them, nice bridge between my rig and Panasonic TXP42 G20.

I bought the 2020i`s as opposed to the slightly smaller 2010i`s as I wanted a little more punch, as ill be using these alone untill I get more money saved up to build a 5.1 system.

Now Im having a dilemma...................since it can be pretty pricey to get all the other speakers and im wandering what way would be best regarding speaker purchase.

The 2000i cinema kit can be bought for £400 which is 2 sets of 2010i speakers, the centre and the sub.............which im sure would be awesome. Problem is ive already bought a set of 2020i`s before I saw the deal.............and didnt realy have £400 to blow. The 2010s can be bought for £100, but the 2020is where £160.

Now, I could buy the centre, rear 2010s, and sub to complete the system, except id have better fronts.......................but thats gona be dear.....the sub is over £200 buy itself...........but the centre is only £100.

Now Ive come up with another idea. I could forget about the sub, and splash out on the big 2050i floor standers ;-) which are like subs in themselves.............or are they??? its gona be a similar price...........................except the floor standers will take up less space as ill not need a stand or cabinet for them.

Decisions decisions.........................any thoughts really appriciated. Ive even thought of ringing richer sounds and seeing if they would come to some kind of deal with me, considering I would be buying more speakers from them and they say that they wont be beaten on price etc...... just dunno

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just bought the 2050i floorstanders and the centre and it sounds great to me
smile.gif

We have a glass wall behind the TV and these speakers already shake it during loud bits in movies, but it isn't a huge amount of bass. It might be worth it for you to get a sub, but it wasn't really possible for me as I think it would shake the wall toooo much.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
You could get the 2000i kit and sell 1 pair of the 2010i's. It's also worth asking Richer Sounds if they'll do you some sort of part-exchange deal if you wanted to swap to floorstanders. There's certainly no harm in asking!

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys.

Ive no idea what to do............the thing is I don't really have the room for a sub, but I could accommodate having the 2050i floor-standers either side of the tv with the centre 2000ci, then the 2020is as some nice rears situated on cabinets or stands. I got a bit stricken by the fact that I could have had the whole setup for £400.....................I wonder why that set goes for so cheap???? I mean the 2010s and 2000ci kit are £100 each anyway, but the sub is around £250...........It must be because the small 2010s really need the sub I guess......but thats an awesome deal.

Think Im getting ahead of myself tho lol................just spending 460 was already quite enough! Think ill just wait, save, and add the floor standers. Its crazy how much more expensive they are tho! Why is that? Do they expect people who buy them not to add a sub so charge more?

At the min ive got the 202is set up as "large speakers" to output the full bass notes, and they seem to be able to produce some awesome bass i must say. I think a sub would nearly be too much

·
Registered
184 Posts
They're just bigger, more drivers and more material and stuff needed for the box itself I think, rather than them expecting people to not add a sub

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, but they are like £380! more than twice the price of my 2020i`s, but I suppose they are more than twice the speaker......... definitely getting a set of them next :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts