Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I played a trick on my gf tonight and told her to Alt-F4 out of a paper she was writing cuz I told her it was the "save" key, and she did, and now the document wont open back up... As it turns out, this is the paper she has been writing for the past two years on a research project for college...please help me...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
i'm pretty sure it was only in RAM, and unless you have windows auto save every minute, you ain't getting that back.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
good job ****tard. Pack your ****. Show yourself the door.

(all 2 years aren't gone...just the last part that she wrote)

PS - Why the hell would you make her do that anyways?

PSS - Don't actually pack yoru ****...

Just help her fix it..lol

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well I take it you need to be smacked in the back of the head... Naw just reopen it. She won't have anything she had just done this night. Did you do a search for it? Also check the trash can dude.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toad12585 View Post
Okay, so I played a trick on my gf tonight and told her to Alt-F4 out of a paper she was writing cuz I told her it was the "save" key, and she did, and now the document wont open back up... As it turns out, this is the paper she has been writing for the past two years on a research project for college...please help me...
I will only say this....Find a New Girlfriend. Cause you probably aint getting her back either....LOL

That sux dude..Best of Luck.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Sometimes word does the auto save thing.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp View Post
Sometimes word does the auto save thing.
ya, it saves every hour or so...
-edit- default is 10 minutes i think, i just moved mine to every 1 minute.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
If shes been working on it for 2 years, she abviously had it saved previously. Just tell her to start what she did tonight over.
Oh and yeah, smack yourself really hard. j/k

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
if i was working on a paper for 2 years id have at least 2 backups....

·
Registered
574 Posts
You should only pull the Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del trick when it is not important, like a game or something. That is what 6th grade taught me, anyway.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevemc View Post
You should only pull the Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del trick when it is not important, like a game or something. That is what 6th grade taught me, anyway.
he didn't know it was an important paper.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cgrado View Post
he didn't know it was an important paper.
Yes, I know that I get bored and write dozens of pages just for fun.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Yes, I know that I get bored and write dozens of pages just for fun.
he probably wasn't standing over her shoulder watching here write. just walking buy and only seeing MSword.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Hmmm... I'm guessing you have pulled this stunt on someone before, then.
no, but it makes sense for the situation. i remember after school in middle school (we had an Extended Day Program- do homework, then play) in which we would be in this teachers room and on the internet playing games and practically attacking eachother trying to press alt+f4.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The situation you scoped is not even close to a large paper. Your situation is a bunch of kids... acting like kids. A quasi-mature relationship should not end in the same way you would end a non-responive program.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
ya, i'm just saying they're two different situations which end in two different ways. they were kicked out of the classroom, he will be kicked out of the house. but he can plead man slaughter instead of murder and maybe find an auto recover file.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Allrighty than, enjoy your 6th grade classroom. Playtime is now over for me.

And don't tell me that Alt-F4 will spell-check my paper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts