Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a notebook for my aunt. She is a teacher at a university, so she does a lot of stuff with office 2007 (which she already has a copy of), and thats pretty much all she is going to do with it (plus basic email and web browsing). It needs to be some what powerful for future use, so no low-power netbooks or anything. Oh, and XP pre-installed would be a major plus

Here is what I was looking for (please give me sugestions):

15.4" anti-glare screen
250gb 7200rpm hdd
1.8ghz C2D
2gb ram
DVD burner

Please give me some suggestions on what models I should be looking at.
Thanks!

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
OK matte screen will be an issue. They just are not making them much. The ones they are? Business class while budget might allow, even less of those offered. Your aunt needs a best buy on sale special likely $500. Matte might be impossible in that size and config at any price.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile View Post
OK matte screen will be an issue. They just are not making them much. The ones they are? Business class while budget might allow, even less of those offered. Your aunt needs a best buy on sale special likely $500. Matte might be impossible in that size and config at any price.
Just built a dell with those specs for $658

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Is it possible no one understood my only issue was the matte screen could be impossible? I mean I have a link to a 13.3" when 15.4" was clearly asked for. To the second commenter? If DeLL is still offering matte? Fine link.

I guess my point was missed. To OP other than the matte screen? I could get you a 15.4 with Dual Core larger HDD for as low as $400.

Matte? Sorry I doubt these guys can get you that either. Simply put? They missed the point of my post!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts