Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey OCnet,

One of my friends is having to build a computer for a class they are taking at school, kind of a hands-on thing. They offer a package for like $300 through a local PC shop but, of course it is ****. =)

I convinced her to spend aroudn $400-ish. I was going to go with a build from another hardware site but after I started looking I newegg a bit, I found out I could do a lot better for not much more.

This does not need to include a graphics card or monitor. I'm giving her a MSI 1gb 4830. Pretty badass little card. She's gonna take care of the monitor separately.

I love AMD even though I'm running an i7 right now. =) But I fell in love with this heka on newegg, looks fast, fun to teach her about overclocking with, and possibly have some fun with unlocking the 4th core.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-699-_-Product

So, I'm basically looking for advice on a quality overclocking MB for this chip, memory (I'd like 2x2gb 1600 9-9-9-24, 1.5v etc, I found a decent set of Kingston on newegg, but I haven't gotten memory in a while so not sure..., thinking maybe 2x1gb 1600 with some sick timings might be better?), and a quality heatsink on the cheap.

I was gonna get an Antec 300 for it as well, is there a better, cheaper option? Oh yeah, need a power supply too. =)

Any other comments / suggestions are appreciated.

SCTechie

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
Well, since I can't be bothered to read this entire post right now (not feeling too well)....

I can recommend you a case. Look into the NZXT Beta EVO
. They're about the same price as the Antec, but a lot more room inside, better cable management, and a LOT more fan options

1 - 3 of 3 Posts