Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I just had a Dell Dimension 2350 donated to me with a damaged motherboard. I want to salvage the good parts and replace the motherboard so my kid can use it. I need a cheapo replacement for it.

It is a socket 478 board. Pentium 4 CPU

SPECS

Need something with integrated graphics
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jswerve
View Post

Guys I just had a Dell Dimension 2350 donated to me with a damaged motherboard. I want to salvage the good parts and replace the motherboard so my kid can use it. I need a cheapo replacement for it.

It is a socket 478 board. Pentium 4 CPU

SPECS

Need something with integrated graphics

I assume you're not keeping the dell case right? Here is a cheapo board for $60 on newegg with integrated graphics.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138079
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by VincentJ
View Post

I assume you're not keeping the dell case right? Here is a cheapo board for $60 on newegg with integrated graphics.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138079

Going to reuse the case...Don't have any desire to spend more
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
In that case you would be better off just going on ebay to get a replacement board for that dell. Dell uses a different form factor, BTX I think as opposed to ATX or MATX.
 

·
4GHz
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Er, the physical form factor and screw positions are the same, it's power pins and other crap Dell decided to mess around with.

Change the mobo and power supply, and you'll be fine (Dell, screwed around with the PSUs, too.) The PSU is absolutely non-negotiable unless you want to fry that $60 mobo. I think the form factor should be mATX, but a quick look at the case should reveal what it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEC_42 View Post
Er, the physical form factor and screw positions are the same, it's power pins and other crap Dell decided to mess around with.

Change the mobo and power supply, and you'll be fine (Dell, screwed around with the PSUs, too.) The PSU is absolutely non-negotiable unless you want to fry that $60 mobo. I think the form factor should be mATX, but a quick look at the case should reveal what it is.

Sounds like a pain, just gonna rob all the good components and slap it all into another case I have laying around. Thanks guys.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top