Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Bit of a conky nub.
Basically I would like to display my VCore in conky.
I have lm-sensors setup and added the following line to my conky.rc -

Quote:
VCore1: ${alignr}${hwmon 0 in 0} V
But it only shows VCore to one decimal place - ie. 1.4v instead of 1.45v. How can I make it show to 2 decimal places.

My other query is - is it possible to adjust the Tjmax for the reported temperature.
I'm using this -

Quote:
${hwmon 0 temp 2}
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK View Post
Sorry m8 I have no idea what conky is...should I? Would I like it? lol
If you like linux you would love conky. Its basically what the Vista sidebar should have been -

Like this -

But its totally customisable.

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

so is that just built into the background? I like that man...the more I find out about linux the more I want to just say screw it and learn how to use it. I just really like to game, have they figured out the gaming problems yet?
Nah its not for gaming. You can run some games in WINE (emaulator). I use vista 70% of the time. Dual booting is easy enough. If you feel like trying it out, install ubuntu on an old HDD or make a 20GB partition - its pretty simple to install and run.

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

damn I wish they would figure out a good way to be compatible with games...
Technically its the game devs fault not the fault of linux, but while M$ have the massive market share they have it isn't going to happen soon.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Um...Wish I could help junky, but I was just hoping you would share your conkyrc. That is the nicest I have seen yet!

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by cinajohn View Post
Um...Wish I could help junky, but I was just hoping you would share your conkyrc. That is the nicest I have seen yet!
Can do. I am still cleaning up the code a bit. I'll post it up tonight. If I forget, post back

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
umm, i don't know how to set it up to do what you want it to do - mine has given me issues as well, but i can suggest you try popping in here. it's quite a bit of trawling, i know, but it will be worth it, i'm sure.

• Rep+
Reactions: coffeejunky

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeejunky View Post
Nah its not for gaming. You can run some games in WINE (emaulator). I use vista 70% of the time. Dual booting is easy enough. If you feel like trying it out, install ubuntu on an old HDD or make a 20GB partition - its pretty simple to install and run.
Sorry for the trolling but wine is not an emulator.
And I would personally say many games over some.

As for conky - I actually do not think you can go to the second decimal place. I tried doing this myself a while back and just decided to settle with the tenth place.

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here it is -

You must edit the GMail.py script to pick up your e-mail.
Also you must edit the pogodynk.sh script and change 'UKXX0936' to your town's weather code from http://weather.yahoo.com/
Copy the fonts files to the .fonts folder to /home/user/.fonts and the scripts to /home/username/scripts
It still needs polishing.
I fixed the vcore thing by faking it so you may have to remove the '5' I appended to the end

Quote:
Sorry for the trolling but wine is not an emulator. And I would personally say many games over some.

Its not trolling,I appeciate corrections when I am wrong. Thats what makes the forum work.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
And that is not a bad conkyrc. We should have a thread dedicated to conkyrc's. Some people make some real nice ones.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thank you VERY much, I am configuring it as we speak. Did you do this from scratch, cause it is a beauty!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts