Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just finished putting together my i7 870 build today, and decided that im going to do some more work on it. I want to grab something other than the stock cooler. I was thinking about the Hyper 212, but would like some input from other members. Budget isnt very tight, but i dont want to spend a fortune. Also, something on Amazon would be nice (i just got $25 gift credit from school survey), but it can be from wherever. Also to mention, i live about 10 min from a Fry's so that is another option. Please post up with some ideas. My build is in my sig...

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
If you want something that's going to be better in the long run/cooling wise pickup a Corsair H50/H70

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im looking for something <$40. It's not a strict budget, but it's what id like. If theres a cooler that is a little more than that and would be a significant improvement, i'll consider.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the options everyone! Anyone else have other good ideas to add to the list?

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I actually just took back a cooler master v8 this morning. it wasnt bad in the least but i wanted something a little better and went with the cooler master v6gt. according to the benchies this thing is a beast. even though i really cant tell the diff atm. and they were almost the same price. im still waiting for the cure. but ill have some results after.
i hear that the h50 is awesome but a little on the expensive side. thats why i didnt get one. and you also have to replace the stock fan for better performance. the hdt-1283 is awesome for cheap. still one of the best coolers on the market. except its lga-775 thats why i switched. ive owned a mugen 2 and its not what you want for that beast, but its 1000 times better than the stock cooler. that chip gets hot as hell. as do my 860 in sig. so invest in a good cooler or you'll be seriously let down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts