Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am a student on a budget and I used to have a decent 2.1 amped system but it became a headache and space consuming to keep setting up as I am still in school and move around between fall and spring and summer semesters.

I just started looking into a replacement, a cheap but decent quick plug and play/set up for 2.0 or 2.1 system. I am not an audiophile at all, just like decent/rich sound. I don't have speakers at all so I use my TV as a pass through speaker. Its a C6 OLED I'd rather baby instead of wasting Screen hours for just audio

What would you guys sugget. A used Soundbar, or are there quick speaker setups you would recommend. I don't want to start working with speaker wire and T Amps right now either. A more competent setup will be for when I graduate

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,933 Posts
Something like a Lepai LP2020-A+ and a cheap set of bookshelf speakers would be a good bang for buck option. You could add a sub too, depending on your definition of "budget" and your bass needs.

I did something similar when my ProMedia 2.1 setup died and it sounds great.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something like a Lepai LP2020-A+ and a cheap set of bookshelf speakers would be a good bang for buck option. You could add a sub too, depending on your definition of "budget" and your bass needs.

I did something similar when my ProMedia 2.1 setup died and it sounds great.
I actually mention specifically in my post I don't want a T amp speaker wire setup. Been there done that. I move around way too much

·
Null
6,328 Posts
Do you need an optical input on the speakers? If not you could try the Edifier R1700BT. They're bassy and sounded decent for $150, good if you're big on movies and games with big blaring horns and explosions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts