Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please send me the firmware, or a link to the firmware of the OCZ Vector.
Config: MT29F128G08CFCAB_512MB_0x00000000FFFFFFFF_BF3

I already have the 3.0 firmware (SSD and on file), but I need the 2.0, or any 2.x is also ok.

OCZ refuses to give up old firmwares
frown.gif

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I do not believe that OCZ Toolbox will allow you downgrade. Also why do you want to do that, do you have problems with the latest firmware ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdankr View Post

Did you try OCZ Toolbox PC Bootable 4.3.03740? Since it is bootable ISO it may possibly contain firmware files for their drives, I am not sure though, I don't know this toolbox.
None of their tools, including the bootable ones include any firmware. Everything is downloaded, if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplode-bg View Post

I do not believe that OCZ Toolbox will allow you downgrade.
It will permit any kind of firmware upgrade, downgrade and even same version, as long as the web page says it is ok. The user will get a warning (This firmware will be downgraded from x.x to version x.x.), that's all.

But for that, I need the older firmware :|
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdankr View Post

But is it a good idea to downgrade firmware? What do you need this for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplode-bg View Post

Also why do you want to do that, do you have problems with the latest firmware ?
When installing v3, I did not follow the recommended procedure to secure erase it first. Instead I did what I've done with most other SSD:s, I just upgraded it.

Now I'm stuck with a read-only version of the disk. Secure erase does not work (disk hangs), writing does not work (disk hangs) - but reading works just fine. Hence, RMA:ing is not an option since I do not want to change all my passwords, regenerate and re-install all my authentication tokens and so on.

My hope is that re-installing 2.0 will make it possible to at least secure erase it.

I've successfully reinstalled 3.0 even though it already had 3.0, in part thanks to an old post here on Overclock
smile.gif

Background:
I was extremely satisfied with my 2+ year old Vector up until I had some strange disk errors, noted it was three days short of 200 power-on days and found some hints online that it was time to upgrade the firmware. From there, things got worse.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Dump that vector asap. I ran through three of them and finally got OCZ to refund me before toshiba or somebody bought them. But yea, I had the same problem from vector one to vector three.
Went with samsung 840 pro two of them, never "knock on wood" had a problem with either of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had Vertex 4 128 and it went belly up after 3 years.
Local shop wanted to replace it with Vector 128, but Iafter i read all that failures i asked for Samsung 850 EVO 250 gb.
Much better reliability and new 5 year warranty.
smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts