Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not satisfied with the FPS I'm getting on this game, honestly. What FPS do you guys get on this game with specs similar to my sig rig? I'm on 10.10E with the latest CAP's, with 4xMSAA and 16xAF forced using RadeonPro, and I get dips to about 45fps or so with rain and several AI racers onscreen.

May I know what performance you guys are getting? I'd appreciate the information for comparison purposes. Cheers.
smile.gif

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
45 FPS, that is perfect, isn't it?? I'm getting around 60 with drops to 30 or so, but rarely. Above 30 FPS is perfectly playable and.. do you even feel a drop to 45PFS if you don't monitor them?
confused.gif
It's a very light game generally. My brother is playing it maxed @1280x1024 on GT240 and Opteron Santa Ana

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I get around that with my sig rig. :\ (drops to 30 sometimes though)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies so far.

Yes I do feel a significant drop when it gets below 55fps.

I do have the patch installed. But I have a 5970, so I'd be expecting much more performance than this.
frown.gif

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticZero;11947330
Thank you for the replies so far.

Yes I do feel a significant drop when it gets below 55fps.

I do have the patch installed. But I have a 5970, so I'd be expecting much more performance than this.
frown.gif
Game related then. Ppl get same FPS and same drops across all kinds of hardware. Criterion should have kept themselves to console racers
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockMonsi;11947363
I get a constant 60 FPS, and you will too, since the game is capped at that. Gaming on 1680x1050 BTW.
This. I don't get this on my rig. Have you tried races with lots of cars, with rain?

·
Registered
55 Posts
¿It's possible to disable crossfire in a HD5970? I get better perfomance with the crossfire disabled than with the crossfire enabled.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well I have not checked due to the fact that I have never noticed any lag.

BTW I think its pretty shocking how it has no built in AA, it looks like crap, The 360 version even has 2xMSAA !!

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris;11949472
what ? 45 fps in hot pursuit? im getting around 90 with my rig im sure its just the drivers try 10.10e hotfix and force 8/16x msaa
How do you get 90 when it has FPS limiter @60?

·
Registered
286 Posts
i get constant 60 fps w/ my sig rig @ 1920X1080

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticZero;11947678
This. I don't get this on my rig. Have you tried races with lots of cars, with rain?
I doubt he gets a constant 60. Even if crossfire wasn't working you would still have plenty of GPU power. It's just an unoptimized port. Plenty of people with similar systems have the same complaints as you.

Just hope the next patch fixes it. The game is weird, ne way a drop from 60 to 50(I get the same thing) should feel like sub 30. Even the console version, which is capped at 30, feels smoother.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
With a GTX 460 (880/2000) at 1680x1050, I get 58-60 fps, never drops below 55. AF x16, AA x16Q forced. And I'm only seeing at most 50% GPU usage.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Clearly crossfire is now working for you with this game. It may be a driver issue or the game may not support crossfire.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris;11949472
what ? 45 fps in hot pursuit? im getting around 90 with my rig im sure its just the drivers try 10.10e hotfix and force 8/16x msaa
I'm on 10.10E Hotfix with only 4xMSAA, and that's what I get. Not sure how you're getting 90 though since the FPS is capped at 60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemama1956;11949634
I doubt he gets a constant 60. Even if crossfire wasn't working you would still have plenty of GPU power. It's just an unoptimized port. Plenty of people with similar systems have the same complaints as you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion;11950292
Yeah I would check what % both GPU's are actually working at.
It actually loads both GPU's to 90%+ for the most part, so I'd say Crossfire is working. I can also force more AA without having my FPS go too low if I have both GPU's enabled, rather than not.

Similar case with NFS Shift before the Crossfire fix was released. I'd get high GPU load, but my FPS was terrible. After patching it, my GPU's were stressed just the same, but I'd be getting much higher FPS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemama1956;11949634
Just hope the next patch fixes it. The game is weird, ne way a drop from 60 to 50(I get the same thing) should feel like sub 30. Even the console version, which is capped at 30, feels smoother.
Before turning off my original setting of forced 16xWide Tent AA, I was somewhat used to it running at 30-45fps constantly, and it felt really smooth. However seeing it at 60fps for the most part and getting used to that, then feeling the dips to 45fps really does make a difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts