Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided finally on my parts and i feel comfortable with putting it together now

i bought a fan controller and a new case a new psu
a new mobo and new ram to complete my OC and now i need proper cooling

my color scheme is earth colors simply because thats what the boards colors are so my sleeving is going to be as such. hopefully the tube for the watercool setup can be as well (have not seen any that fit this color scheme yet)

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11...HOT.html#blank

is the kit im looking at as suggested by others

now i need tubing and i need earth colors if possible
and i wish to know if the pump is strong enough for my liking

it must support 2 gpu and a cpu which i dont know how to tell if the pumps able to do such. im also partial to the T virus res and so this res is not what id like

also for tightening the tube are the plastic or metal clips prefered? seems to me the metal ones allow for a better tight fit

again im supremely confident i can build it if i only knew what to build...

i would need help picking out EVERY little part

edit - new parts are in sig

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Rasa kits come highly recommended. The pump should be sufficient for the loop you describe. I don't think the RS240 rad would be sufficient for cpu and 2 GPU's. Look into the thicker RX rads and probably a 360 would be better for your purposes:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30281

I have never seen earth tone tubing. Maybe just go with the clear stuff that comes with the kit. Hose clamps seem to me more a matter of personal preference.
Does that answer most of your questions, or are you more interested in building out a WC kit from scratch?

·
Registered
456 Posts
If getting the Rasa kit get the RX360 as it will fit in your case and is the highest performing Rasa kit. For Earth colors I guess just get some green tubing. Brown would look like you have dirty tubing IMO.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrrrinkle;14126420
The Rasa kits come highly recommended. The pump should be sufficient for the loop you describe. I don't think the RS240 rad would be sufficient for cpu and 2 GPU's. Look into the thicker RX rads and probably a 360 would be better for your purposes:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30281

I have never seen earth tone tubing. Maybe just go with the clear stuff that comes with the kit. Hose clamps seem to me more a matter of personal preference.
Does that answer most of your questions, or are you more interested in building out a WC kit from scratch?
it does for the most part

but you said the RAD is not what i need so i dont think i want to buy that kit then

is there a second kit called a 360 i should look into?

also brown tube wouldnt look dirty if it was a nice solid color

earth tones are just generally a dusty version of an original

its worn away. green MIGHT do but i hate neon green so is there a good site for hose choice?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosgreen;14126697
*snip
is there a second kit called a 360 i should look into?
Check the link I provided, that is an RX360 kit. Also note there is a fair difference between the "rs" and "rx" radiators. The rx are much thicker and offer greater heat dissipation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts