Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my aunt pulled me aside today (she works in the school cafeteria) and told me her computer woe's, basically that<br />
-computer crashed<br />
-crashes before they can run antivirus<br />
<br />
Im thinkin its a nasty bug they got, I havent looked at their machine but its just a guess.<br />
<br />
Virus fighting is not my forte and I would like to be prepared when I go to there house in 2 days, soo<br />
<br />
Can anyone recommend a free anti virus program that I can download put on a disk and get in the computer b4 it crashes?<br />
<br />
My rule of thumb for viruses is if spybot dosent work, reformat!<br />
I've only had to do that once and I don't think that my aunt wants that to be her only option.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
AVG . . . run it in safe mode. . .though some antivirus's wont let you do that. . . <br />
<br />
also DL adaware and spybot. . .or w/e spyware things you use before you go over. . . .

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My setup is<br />
AVG<br />
Spybot S&D<br />
Ad Aware<br />
<br />
Havent gotten spyware or viruses in about 10 months

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I believe there's a portable app yo ucan put on a usb stick and run it from there...but I cna't remember the name of it for the life of me. avg + safe mode = a good idea

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
If you can get ahold of the last Maximum PC there was a thing they did on a fix apps for a PC. Most where free and work very well. I use AVG, A-Squared, Hijack This, and Zone Alarm Free.<br />
<br />
pink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts