Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my s340 i had to get it in blue because at the time all the other ones costed $10 more!! So my problem is my build is red and black and im stuck with this ugly blue bar that i currently have plasti dipped black but l would like it to be red.
What do you think is better?

Option1: Repaint the bar red and put a clear coat or lacquer on.
My problem with this is that I am very impatient and don't like waiting but if it looks better I will do it anyway.

Option 2: Do a red carbon fiber vinyl wrap around the bar.
I like this since it seems less time consuming and its a different look you don't see alot. I was also wondering if i should go with 3D or 4d wrap.(4D looks more realistic and has a glossy finish, 3D looks matte and less realistic I don't care about the price difference really.).

3D: http://www.metrorestyling.com/Red-Metro-3D-Flexible-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Wrap-p/metro3d12inred.htm
Current situation. (Ignore mustard and ketchup cables i know have an evga 850w p2)

PS. Sorry for the bad title not the most accurate thing in the world.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you're impatient, painting is not for you. I have an S340 I just cut and painted. I took the time to file, sand, use isopropyl alcohol to clean, and then sprayed thin layers until I get the look I wanted. I waited 20 -40 min inbetween each layer i sprayed. EDIT - I used Krylon Fusion Gloss White in case you're wondering
smile.gif

Vinyl wrap is quick, easy to work with, easy to remove if you dont like it, and would give you the look you're looking for without investing a bunch of time in prepping and painting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts