Overclock.net banner

Need help 6200 AGP 128mb 64 bit

577 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  t4ct1c47 
#1 ·
Hey new to the forum but not to overclocking, i recently overclocked my 6200 (nv44) from the stock too 405/core 300/mem (600mhz) doesnt look like the settings took i did the bios edit with nibitor bios updated no prob went back into vista updated my experience index and i went from a 3.2 to a 2.4 please help.

system specs

Windows Vista Ultimate
Nvidia 158.** Drivers
Geforce 6200 AGP 8x 128mb ram (nv44)

#4 ·
Yeah made sure clock was stable ran it fun with atitools before adjusting the bios, no artifacts when i restarted the system i check rivatuner and it says im running at 200/core and 400/mem i dont understand it i flashed the bios back and still says the same?

#10 ·
not yet im going to though, i was reading up on vista ultimate and it says that most of aero and other gui functions are done in 2D so i changed the core to 405 for 2d and 540 mem, if that fails i will restore the original bios but i have the funny feeling that my experince index wont go back up too 3.2 with out a fresh install

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gambit820
View Post

not yet im going to though, i was reading up on vista ultimate and it says that most of aero and other gui functions are done in 2D so i changed the core to 405 for 2d and 540 mem, if that fails i will restore the original bios but i have the funny feeling that my experince index wont go back up too 3.2 with out a fresh install

or a fresh card (possibly)

#13 ·
Quote:

View Post

yeah well unfortunely thats not an option right now its working just not where i wanted it to be after an overclock, and i was hoping that one of you guys could help me figure this out

Well Unfortunatly thats a risk with overclocking.

It will sometimes damage it.

Try getting a Non-modded BIOS and flashing it to that card

#14 ·
For some reason, when I flashed my 8800GTS cards so I could run overclocked in Vista, I had to reinstall my graphics card drivers again as the operating system thought I had installed a new card. I suggest you try reinstalling your drivers too just incase this is the issue.

#15 ·
Figured it out apprently flashing the bios and the drivers i had installed together with vista's new way of handling drivers had my card running at half the speed i uninstalled the drivers flashed my bios back and it worked but i didnt stop there uninstalled the drivers agian then flashed my bios again 405/core and 600/mem went from a 3.0 vista rating (the lowest was graphics for business and gaming)to a 3.5 was my lowest building a new system just wanted to see what tweaks i could do to improve that experinece index that thing is like freaking credit for computers the lower the score the horrible the system

Thanks for all you guys help i really appericate it you guys responded quick with the help i like that teamwork

Thanks

#16 ·
Quote:

View Post

Thanks

Nice to see you got it working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.