Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Network Architect
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 with 2.12 BIOS on it I think. The key to get into the BIOS is F2, I have been spamming the key over and over, and have tried holding the whole time, I have also tried using FN +F2 and an external keyboard. NONE of this works at all. I have the POST options hidden from view at POST so people don't know which key does what (how to access Boot Menu, BIOS, and recovery systems). I know all of the keys as that info is in the manual.

The Lenovo logo goes away in half a second and goes straight to the LAN boot rom, and when it fails to boot, it only allows me to retry instead of entering the BIOS to perhaps reconfigure things. I have pulled the hard drive, and pulled a stick of RAM to see if that would invoke some sort of change. (Like it detected a change in memory amount and defaulted the CMOS values like a lot of computers will do and allow you to enter setup to make changes).

I need to get into it really bad because the mSATA channel is disabled and I just installed a new SSD to use, but I am unable to use it until I get into BIOS. PLEASE HELP. I looked on the internet for an hour and found no easy solution.

Edit: I am pretty sure Rapid Boot is enabled, which basically doesn't show the POST info so I gain about 10 seconds on my boot time.

·
Network Architect
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fixed it somehow...? Well anyways it seems that being very slow and deliberate with the keystrokes was the way to go. It seems that after I re-saved my settings, the key prompt is there again, strangely there was no option to enable or disable it, so I want to assume it was a dodgy settings flash that caused my issues in the first place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts