Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yes
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started happening today. Right after the Windows loading a screen diasppaears. The screen stays completely blank. It runs safemode just fine. I did system restore a few times and that hasnt fixed the problem. Does anyone know if its a harddrive problem or if its a OS problem. Thanks in advanced

·
Yes
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I'll try that out later when I get home. Could it be a hardware problem on the video cards side? I have a feeling it might be it. Thanks for the input +rep

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Unlikely that your harware would go caput like that... unless you had some extream OC on it and were getting artifacts. And also it boots in safe mode
Safe mode means a normal boot without drivers... that's pretty much the driver diagnostic tool as far as i use it.
No boot regular + boot fine in safe mode = Corrupt driver of some sort
In this case, your vid card most likely

Edit: Don't forget to use Driver Cleaner!!

·
Yes
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for the quick response guys. I'm really relieved. I was beginning to feel very worried about my videocard. I just took shipping of it a week or two ago.

·
Yes
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much guys

All is well. I just finished installing the latest version after cleaning out the old one. You guys are awesome! Free beer on me!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Glad you got everything working mate!
Never hesitate to ask, we all love to help!
Cheers!
(beers after the mid-terms! (exams not elections lol))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts