Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Vizio TV with optical and RCA output. I have my computer and PS4 hooked up to it. Currently i have my old Z-2300 speakers hooked up to the RCA output with a cable converter.

I am ready to move past this and get a better setup as my Z-2300 is failing. My current space is rather limited so i would like to start with 2.1 with the option to add more speakers later. I have done some research but to be honest i have no idea what to get or where to even start.

My budget is around 600.00. Any help would be very much appreciated. If you need anymore information from me just let me know. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardontheJob View Post

Are you looking to get a

mini system (like this)

or

amp/speakers (like this)?
I am looking for amp/speakers setup if at all possible around my budget. I was thinking receiver, speakers and sub, but like i said i have no idea what to get and what would work well together.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You said you have limited space. What kind of room and how big? Where will you be able to place speakers in relation to where you sit? Getting an idea of the size and composition of the room will help us pick the right equipment.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is my desk and current setup, minus the receiver of course since i don't have one yet. That is the only spot i have to put a receiver. It is a 2 layer table with the PS4 on the bottom and a printer on top. I am going to move the printer to another table since it is wireless anyway and put the receiver in it's place.

The speaker setup you see is how i have it currently and i honestly don't see any other way of doing it until i get more room. I want to replace the Z-2300 with another 2.1 setup for now, but with higher quality parts and the ability to upgrade to a 5.1 and beyond in the future. I want the system to work with my tv, computer and ps4. I don't listen to my music loud but when i have company i don't want to disappoint. I know 600.00 is not much to work with, but figured i could at least get something better than my current Z-2300 rigged through RCA.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
At that rice point get a 2.0 stereo and add a sub later on. These Infinity Primus 363 speakers are great,
if you have a Fry's close by they often go on sale for $100 each, they have solid bass excellent highs too

For $400 you can get YAMAHA RX-V679

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Sorry for the late response.

Any 5.1 receiver will do fine. Something like what diggiddi posted if you can get that price for it or this.

I'm not big on sub boxes and prefer large drivers in the front left and right speakers so that's what I'm recommending.

These will have enough "umph" to get you buy and allow for the addition of a powerered sub later on.

http://amzn.com/B0058GZWI6

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts