Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help finding a good computer for a family member. She does blu-ray ripping , burning , wifi games burning , and surfing the web. I don't know if AMD PhenomII 955 or i5 would suit her the best. I have the video card and the hd for her. No real budget. I'll buy piece of the system at a time and put it together for her. I need some input on this build please.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is not a gamer yet. With 3-4 kids she will be. Steaming movies is the only thing I don't talk about. I didn't know shinking dvd or blu-ray is media editing or not? The main thing is the computer must last about 4 years without major upgrade for her.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7hm
View Post

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=13046986
900$
i5
ud4p
750watt corsair
4gb 1600 ddr3
saphire 4890
1TB wd

Without a budget.. i mean skys the limit so it doesn't really help peg down anything asides from video compression and future gaming.You could get ssd's or setup a raid or go for an i7 build or anything really..

Read the OP .. he already has the HD and video card.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok lets say budget about $700US. Is a i5 or PhenomII 955 is better for video compression? I know I can build a PhenomII cheaper but the main factor for her is video compression. I don't know much on Intel cpu. I'm a AMD guy.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dixson01974
View Post

Ok lets say budget about $700US. Is a i5 or PhenomII 955 is better for video compression? I know I can build a PhenomII cheaper but the main factor for her is video compression. I don't know much on Intel cpu. I'm a AMD guy.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=13047106
That's the best you can get at the 700$ price range and it will do greatly for video compression and of course the i7 is easily overclocked so

i7
p6t
ddr3 1600 4gb
650watt corsair
670$

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7hm
View Post

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=13047106
That's the best you can get at the 700$ price range and it will do greatly for video compression and of course the i7 is easily overclocked so

i7
p6t
ddr3 1600 4gb
650watt corsair
670$

Ok good , but i7 likes triple channel memory and she will only use 1 video card so is there a cheaper mobo with 1 pci-e x16 to I can get triple channel memory for the build. So how good is a Foxconn FlamingBlade? I not oc the cpu.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dixson01974
View Post

Ok good , but i7 likes triple channel memory and she will only use 1 video card so is there a cheaper mobo with 1 pci-e x16 to I can get triple channel memory for the build. So how good is a Foxconn FlamingBlade? I not oc the cpu.

Sorry missadded the ram i fixed it to g.skill 6gb ddr3 1600 and a ud3r so its 717 total without rebates, and there is 35$ worth of rebates.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So how good is a Foxconn FlamingBlade? I not planning oc the cpu. And is this setup for CPU/MEMORY/MOBO is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts