Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, sorry I'm new here, didn't really know which section to put this in.

I need to be able to run one instance of EverQuest II on this rig, do you think it will be able to handle it?

Or is there something better for cheaper? The graphics can be crap, I really don't mind, but it needs to be able to run at 1440x900. I also need the extra monitor, that's why I picked this rig.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...Specifications

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
You can play it but not at max. You can build a cheap dual core celeron with onboard HD gpu that will play it much better for the same price (if you had OS, if not thats about $80-100)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...t,1981-13.html

What are the system requirements to play?
Minimum: Windows® 2000/XP, Pentium® III 1 Ghz or greater, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9 Compatible video card. Pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 64MB of texture memory, DirectSound compatible audio hardware, 56k Internet Connection, 16x DVD-ROM, 10GB Hard Drive Space.

Recommended: Windows® 2000/XP/Vista, Pentium® 4 2 Ghz or greater, 1 GB RAM, DirectX 9 Compatible video card. Pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 128MB of texture memory or greater, DirectSound compatible audio hardware, Broadband Internet Connection, 16x DVD-ROM, 10GB Hard Drive Space.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doug--
To be frank, WalMart sells those for newbies who want to cruise the 'net and check email. I highly doubt whether a video intensive hog like Everquest 2--regardless of settings--could possibly be run on it. Just my $0.02.

-Xemedria

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCannotStopMe
View Post

Doug--
To be frank, WalMart sells those for newbies who want to cruise the 'net and check email. I highly doubt whether a video intensive hog like Everquest 2--regardless of settings--could possibly be run on it. Just my $0.02.

I tend to agree... I've played it since day1, and I *really* doubt that system will be able to handle the 3d rendering. If that's your price range, I'd look on craigslist for a used comp, instead. No store bought machine in that price range will have the video capability to run it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts