Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Corsair H50 cooler as my temps were creeping up to the 87-88 degree mark with my Arctic Freezer 7. Fitting this into my budget priced 'Galaxy' case was a real problem as it meant drilling out the PSU mounting holes in order to fit the the radiator. Finally I got it all in and my temps upon boot up are really good. 29 - 35ish on idle and around 70 with Intel Burn Test. However, after a few minutes of running my idle temps start to creep up to around 50 - 54. I am guessing this is due to the heat building up in my case as I can no longer fit any exhaust fans due to lack of room so the heat from my GPU, RAM etc has nowhere to go. So - time for a new case!! Ive had a look at a few and the ones that have caught my eye so far are the HAF 932, HAF 922 and Antec 900. I dont want to spend too much but would like a case that will see me through my next build when I finally go down the i7 route. I realise the 932 is massive but how much does it compare in size to the 922? If anybody has any advice on these cases or any other that might be better it would be appreciated!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
The only issue with the 932 is the price difference to the 922. I may be wrong but I heard the external dimensions are similair and if so I would prefer to save the £40ish and put it towards my new build. I dont plan on installing a full watercooling system as my h50 seems to be enough for now so internal space does not have to be massive. (I will try to get some pics up tomorrow - dont laugh at my case tho!! lol)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts