Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a piece of equipment at work that requires 3 devices to be hooked into a switch, and then the switch goes to a "radio" of sorts. The MFG of all this equipment recommends an HP1810-8G, but that is not available locally for me.

What I'm looking for is a comparable 8 port gigabit switch that is:
~$100
VERY reliable
Available at Microcenter (in store)

I won't know that I need one until the morning of install, and I need to be able to pick this thing up on the fly. Since I will be using many of these in many different installs over the next year or 2, I'd like to make sure I can always get the same one. If you have any recommendations on what's good, I will be happy to do the leg work to see if Microcenter has it in stock.They seem to carry mostly D-Link, TP-Link, LinkSys, and Netgear.

·
Registered
303 Posts
You'll want the managed switches filter and 8 gigabit port filter on your search. There are probably hundreds available at your local microcenter. You haven't given us much else to go on, so I can't recommend anything specific.

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by poizone View Post

You'll want the managed switches filter and 8 gigabit port filter on your search. There are probably hundreds available at your local microcenter. You haven't given us much else to go on, so I can't recommend anything specific.
All I can really give you is similar features to the HP 1810-8G. From what I can find, no PoE, but it is managed. Here's more techy crap than I understand:
http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04164471.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts