Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I'm currently running Windows 7 on my desktop and wireless polling lag is KILLING me in games, and running a wire right now is just not an option. I have two HDDs, each with one partition. One of the drives is just holding data and I would like it to remain untouched.

I want to install Windows XP as a secondary OS so that I can disable wireless polling (something I obviously can't do in 7 with my wireless card) and game without 60 second on the dot lag.

Now... I'm generally pretty clueless at this point. The last time I tried to dual boot (which was with Ubuntu) all things went to hell.

I just want to create a small partition on my main HDD, install XP on it, set it up and be able to delete it and pretend like it never existed once I do get a wired connection in here.

Possible?

·
Premium Member
6,046 Posts
I just use the windows installer CD to partition my drives. It is really very basic, only allowing to delete, resize, and create, but it works fine for me. I dual boot Linux and Windows pretty well just by using a partition, and then I make sure to format the partition I want windows to use, and format with linux the partition I want linux to use. In windows it is really the same thing. Specifiy and partition on install, install within that partition, only right files to the programs and files folder of the appropriate operating system. Just check install paths and registries and you will be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.