Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have finally figured out why i cant overclock any higher than 4ghz and have it stay stable for more than 10min, my NB is overheating. so i need a good NB cooler
i have a ASUS P5AD2-E Premium Mobo and it doesn't have the screw holes it has theses little loops/hooks thing to hold down the heat sink. take a look at the pic.
i was looking at this one but don't know if its any good. Swiftech MCX159-CU Copper C110 Fan & Heat sinks (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108072)
LL

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
The Thermalright HR-05 ifx series are great. The come in standard and SLI config. SLI just means it is offset to clear video cards (and CPU heatsinks):

Manufacturer link
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_pa...r_hr05_ifx.htm

Standard

SLI

Standard Mounted

SLI Mounted

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericeod View Post
The Thermalright HR-05 ifx series are great. The come in standard and SLI config.
does it come with the spring wire to hook into the loops i have?

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
HR-05 SLI IFX hands down... it's bent heatpipe design allows it to move out of the way of your CPU cooler... it supports an 80mm fan for additional cooling and supports that "loop/hook" retention method

I used two of them on my old 680i and they dropped temperatures down like 20-25C

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
HR-05 SLI IFX hands down... it's bent heatpipe design allows it to move out of the way of your CPU cooler... it supports an 80mm fan for additional cooling and supports that "loop/hook" retention method

I used two of them on my old 680i and they dropped temperatures down like 20-25C

WOW thats alot of FAN!!!

cool, anything copper though i want it to match my CPU heat sink(Thermaltake / V1)

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreekSniper View Post
WOW thats alot of FAN!!!

cool, anything copper though i want it to match my CPU heat sink(Thermaltake / V1)
There's the thermaltake extreme spirit II... copper, bends out of the way of CPU coolers just like the HR-05 SLI IFX, and also supports "loop/hook" mounting"

However, it doesn't cool as well as the HR-05 and uses a smaller, noisier 40mm fan

Link: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1305&ID=1610

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn View Post
Umm....guys....he has the springy hooks, not the holes.

I couldn't think of anything other than sticking a 40mm fan on two others rigs with the same thing. I don't think they make aftermarket heatsinks with the old hooks in mind.
Both ericeod's and my suggestions (the HR-05 SLI/IFX and extreme spirit II) come with the necessary mounting mechanisms for anchor clip retention

You can see the "J screws" needed for anchor clip retention in the IMG of the HR-05 package I posted above... the link I gave to the spirit II product page also shows that it is capable of anchor clip installation

No worries man - either choice he makes will support his motherboard

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
im using one of thes on my board and keeps my p35 cool

the fan it comes with it lights blue

i didnt use the fan because the xiggy overlaps my nb cooler but i happen to have a 40mm fan off a old computer that snuggle fits in between. normally on the stock heatsink it ran 41c- 46c now its at a chilling 36c- 38c.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts