Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am attempting to verify if modding the voltage through the bios of a 5850 pcs+ does actually work and by verify I mean through the use of a multimeter.
I have no clue which points am I supposed attach the +v and ground to so any help would be great!
I attached some pics of what i thought might work, haven't attempted it since I'm scared of messing up (all pics are thanks to techPowerUp! http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/P...CS_Plus/3.html).

Just tested it, the first one ranges - 1.7 ~ 2 seems to be memory, the rest goes from 1.08 on idle and 1.3 ~ 1.45 at 3d. Really confusing since bios is set at 1.038 @ 760/1050 (3d), and is unstable above 900/1150 when 1.3 is really high..
LL
LL

·
Retired Benchmark Editor
10,194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anotheralex View Post
Hi,
I am attempting to verify if modding the voltage through the bios of a 5850 pcs+ does actually work and by verify I mean through the use of a multimeter.
I have no clue which points am I supposed attach the +v and ground to so any help would be great!
I attached some pics of what i thought might work, haven't attempted it since I'm scared of messing up (all pics are thanks to techPowerUp! http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/P...CS_Plus/3.html).

Just tested it, the first one ranges - 1.7 ~ 2 seems to be memory, the rest goes from 1.08 on idle and 1.3 ~ 1.45 at 3d. Really confusing since bios is set at 1.038 @ 760/1050 (3d), and is unstable above 900/1150 when 1.3 is really high..
I would measure under the caps instead of the inductors, but your readings are going to be pretty close to what you have now. The top one is your memory voltage. You're on the right track

Also, use your case as a ground. Don't use a ground on the card when measuring voltage. It's just a good practice to get into.
LL

• Rep+
Reactions: anotheralex

·
Registered
499 Posts
My apologies for bringing back a month old thread but was it ever confirmed that the caps will give a correct vGPU reading? If so, what was it? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts